Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Do you get uncomfortable WAITING IN LINES?

I was waiting in line to watch Watchmen in IMAX and the line snakes around so you have people facing in front of you. Gah, I felt so uncomfortable especially because they made us wait so long. All these cliques of teenagers. I felt so vulnerable.

Same thing happens too whenever I'm waiting in line for the cashier or something. I get anxious, my head feels light, my eyes sting, etc. Do you feel uncomfortable too?

Do you feel self-conscious about the way you look, or just uncomfortable in general? I have pretty severe social anxiety issues, so I tend to get panic-y in situations like that. Well, any situation where there's people around, really... 0_o

I honestly used to.. But I just thought that there might be others who are more anxious than I am and most of the time people are all out to just have a good time.

Not anymore. I just stare straight. There are too many people there that will take one glance at you and go back to their business. Sometimes a thought won't even enter their head.

It doesn't bother me anymore.

Seeing some romantic couples holding and kissing each other though, I have to find something else to look at, like a crack on the ground.

SOS

Yea i used to be like that as well, when i'm around too many people close up i start feeling hot and my face turns red ect...what i decided to do was to stop getting a drive to school and start taking the bus and facing more of these situations. After a while you start losing those anxieties and will start feeling more comfortable around people.

I get pretty uncomfortable when I have to stand in line somewhere, but I try to not let it affect me. I always stand straight and try to appear as confident as possible. Btw, was Watchmen good?

GAH! I'm so sorry you watched Watchmen. It was awful and you should get your money back!

I usually have a problem with lines, not due to my acne, but due to my panic attacks/anxiety. They get pretty bad but I live with em. I'll start felling like I can't breathe, start shaking, and sometimes I'll get tunnel vision. They aren't all at the same time and sometimes they only one of them happens, but it's gotten better over the past year.

Who is watching the Watchmen? hopefully not you because it sucked!

I like these forums because all these things I do, I felt like I was the only one that did that but apparently not lol. When I'm in line or walking towards some stranger I must look really retarded because I try to look confident but can't help but look down or away after more then a few seconds of eye contact.

Yes i can completely relate to you. When I am at theme parks like Disneyland the line snakes around so there are people facing you very closly which makes me feel really uncomfortable.

I like these forums because all these things I do, I felt like I was the only one that did that but apparently not lol. When I'm in line or walking towards some stranger I must look really retarded because I try to look confident but can't help but look down or away after more then a few seconds of eye contact.

Do you mean strangers, or do you mean people that you know? Friends and family will accept you. Strangers are tricky because their first assumption will be that you are reserved, because of your condition. I believe that our personality has a greater impact than our physical appearance. The impression you leave is what strangers will remember. The best way to live is to treat everyone with respect and courtesy. Character far exceeds any superficial flaw.

Damn yeah!.. I was once in line in a drug store and then this old guy comes in and then stares at me. Not only that!, he touch his face while staring at me!... that is very very rude but I can't blame that bloke for making him feel so self-conscious because my face is so horrible but still I would call him an a**hole for that thinking that I will infect him by being close to me.

I was waiting in a line yesterday and i was so embarrassed about my skin.

I also forgot to bring enough money and then my debit card wasn't working and then they had to do a price check on the jumbo pack of 50 dildos i was trying to buy and then they made an announcement on the speaker system about how much the dildos cost. Then my pants fell down and i couldn't get them back up cos my hands were full carrying the dildos so i had to ask the nun waiting in front of me to help me get them up and then they announced on the speakers to get security cos i was being indecent. So the sirens went off and the cops got me and took me away but i dropped my dildos and i started screaming as they dragged me. To think i did all this and my skin was so bad makes me feel so embarrassed. :(

i always feel uncomfortable in public places and when there is much light

the only way for me to feel comfortable is when it is dark, in the evening or night, kind of sad actually

I hate having to stand in line outside on a cloudy day, my acne looks it's worst in daylight, even worse than in florescent light.

Florescent light is always the worst for me. ://

QUOTE (kriskatkev @ Mar 18 2009, 01:00 PM)

I hate having to stand in line outside on a cloudy day, my acne looks it's worst in daylight, even worse than in florescent light.

Florescent light is always the worst for me. ://

but be honest, did you ever see someone looking good in florescent light? :P

Do you mean strangers, or do you mean people that you know? Friends and family will accept you. Strangers are tricky because their first assumption will be that you are reserved, because of your condition. I believe that our personality has a greater impact than our physical appearance. The impression you leave is what strangers will remember. The best way to live is to treat everyone with respect and courtesy. Character far exceeds any superficial flaw.

No I can make eye contact with people I'm comfortable around but somebody I don't know it's a whole different story. For example, if I go jogging and I pass by someone going the other way I have a hard time looking at them or saying hi as a I pass by. I tend to look down at my shoes or to another direction to avoid eye contact. To say the very least acne has made me a very paranoid individual. When I was younger I used to be very social and none of these weird thoughts ran through my head.

No I can make eye contact with people I'm comfortable around but somebody I don't know it's a whole different story. For example, if I go jogging and I pass by someone going the other way I have a hard time looking at them or saying hi as a I pass by. I tend to look down at my shoes or to another direction to avoid eye contact. To say the very least acne has made me a very paranoid individual. When I was younger I used to be very social and none of these weird thoughts ran through my head.

I am also like that. I always get paranoid specially when there is a social occasion to be held in the house. I just lock myself in my room. I also can't look people in the eye even for 3-5 sec.

Was standing in a line today and thought of this thread. I didn't feel uncomfortable. Supermarket lines don't put the fear of god in me.

The lines that bother me are short lines in a small room, or just sitting in a waiting room at the dentist. I hate when someone picks the seat right next to me too, when there are twelve other empty chairs. Ugh.