Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dim99992

New ANCE GEL - POSTED ON BBC - Bacterium used as medication

Hi all,

It has been a long time since i last visited this site....My scheibner treatment was an utter disappointment with zero results.......i feel like an idiot now.......Now i can say that the treatment did nothing to my scars and its a waste of money for those in USA.........Not worth it at all.......

Anyways the reason why i posted this is i found this today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3643097....sery~of~acne%60

And this is the profs research weburl

http://www.fbs.leeds.ac.uk/People/staffpro...e.php?staff=kth

Maybe we could send him a group email or something......

maya, what do you think??

Do you believe in the Mite theory Maya? I know that some mites and microbes, like bacteria, are good for us too. I wonder why the liver flushing helps...Hmm... :-k

Well, I know that acne, like other "diseases" like cancer or heart disease, is not just caused by a singlething, but rather a multitude of things. This mites though...gotta look into it a little more.

I haven't looked into the mite theroy much jc - but I thought I'd post that thread coz Solomio from the other board is a great researcher.

I hear that buckthorn oil? (sorry, can't remember the name exactly) helps to eliminate this.

I hear that buckthorn oil?  (sorry, can't remember the name exactly) helps to eliminate this.

Yeah Seabuckthorn soap. Something about demodex mites and being able to actually detect them! There's actually a long thread on it here, I'm sure you've seen it.

You should order a one month free sample from them! I did (But hasn't arrived yet). In fact, I heard that they got so many requests that they had to being charging for shipping). They also tell you how you can spot for mites? Interestin... :-k

Ahhh, that was it. I think you can get it in oil form too. I wonder how we can test to see if we have these pesky Mites?

Ahhh, that was it. I think you can get it in oil form too. I wonder how we can test to see if we have these pesky Mites?

Beats me! I'll tell you once I get the free kit. [-o<

(Maybe the web has got lots on this stuff too)