Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeseed

isologen update

Very basically Isolagen is a process where they take a biopsy of your own skin (from behind the ear..a punch excision.)

They then take the skin tissue, and 'grow' your own tissue, into a liquid form of fibroblasts (a type of skin forming cell) and 3 months after the punch excision, the cells have grown, they then subcise and inject the isolagen right under the scars, or into the wrinkes.

In theory, it is supposed to fill the scars in over time. It is not a filler.

When injected correctly it works. No doubt. I had 3 differnt doctors all do a course of 3 vials. I had very different results from different doctors.

It was taken off the FDA and the Australian market years ago- due to inadaquete cell storage facilities......

As far as I know it is only available in the UK nowdays. At least that was the case back when I was in regular contact with Isolagen, back in 05.

I had 3 rounds of it done, it DID work for 1 scar very deep scar. But not so much on superficial ones. 1 round of 3 vials cost AU $16,000. I had that x 3. I Still have scars.

I think Isolagen works, with the right Dr. doing the injections. Preferably a plastic surgeon with a keen knowledge of subcision.

If the price drops, id have it again, now I know what to expect and more importantly to have the right Dr.doing the procedure.

Very basically Isolagen is a process where they take a biopsy of your own skin (from behind the ear..a punch excision.)

They then take the skin tissue, and 'grow' your own tissue, into a liquid form of fibroblasts (a type of skin forming cell) and 3 months after the punch excision, the cells have grown, they then subcise and inject the isolagen right under the scars, or into the wrinkes.

In theory, it is supposed to fill the scars in over time. It is not a filler.

When injected correctly it works. No doubt. I had 3 differnt doctors all do a course of 3 vials. I had very different results from different doctors.

It was taken off the FDA and the Australian market years ago- due to inadaquete cell storage facilities......

As far as I know it is only available in the UK nowdays. At least that was the case back when I was in regular contact with Isolagen, back in 05.

I had 3 rounds of it done, it DID work for 1 scar very deep scar. But not so much on superficial ones. 1 round of 3 vials cost AU $16,000. I had that x 3. I Still have scars.

I think Isolagen works, with the right Dr. doing the injections. Preferably a plastic surgeon with a keen knowledge of subcision.

If the price drops, id have it again, now I know what to expect and more importantly to have the right Dr.doing the procedure.

I think once it receives US FDA approval it will be come more widely available which will lead to a price drop. Hopefully they have improved the technique of administration as well. A lot can change in 4 years. The only thing that bothers me with this news is that 41% of the docs said that the PLACEBO group had improvement and circa 60% said the isologen group had improvement. So the isologen group only did 20% better than placebo? Yes that is statistically significant but it isn't really a big margin.

I wonder why the FDA is doing a second testing? :think:

I have heard (or read) that it was because of the cost being too high for the results experienced...

BUT- I was also told it was because of cell storage. And I have read about side effects, of joint pain..but I dont believe everything I read..

Will anything about it change- ?

Lets hope the price does, because its out of reach for so many, and I doubt will be subsided...

I think the results are highly dependent on the way the injections are given. Subsicion, with Isolagen, WORKS. Maybe the placebo group had really effective subsicion? I believe that in itself works.

As I said, It helped totally fill in a HUGE scar, the size of a pen, that was burned off with reckless laser lady. It healed it 100%. Combined with other treatments for different scars, its fantastic.

I wonder why the FDA is doing a second testing? :think:

I have heard (or read) that it was because of the cost being too high for the results experienced...

BUT- I was also told it was because of cell storage. And I have read about side effects, of joint pain..but I dont believe everything I read..

Will anything about it change- ?

Lets hope the price does, because its out of reach for so many, and I doubt will be subsided...

I think the results are highly dependent on the way the injections are given. Subsicion, with Isolagen, WORKS. Maybe the placebo group had really effective subsicion? I believe that in itself works.

As I said, It helped totally fill in a HUGE scar, the size of a pen, that was burned off with reckless laser lady. It healed it 100%. Combined with other treatments for different scars, its fantastic.

Did the placebo group have subsicion?

I'm so happy it worked for you. It certainly holds promise. I think if there was ever a placebo controlled study done that compared isolagen and silicon microdropet and isolagen equals or beats out silicon I think I'd def have isolagen done.