Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyaawhatsupp

Great.. What Do I Do Now?

So, I was outside today because it was so nice out.

and, ended up with sunburn on my cheeks and nose (where i always apply duac/differin)

I'm supposed to put on differin tonight, but i've heard it might make the sunburn worse?

Then again, I've also read that missing one dose of differin can bring you back to square one.

-I don't know if this is true or not, but it's enough to get me scared.

What should I do?! :(

I'm going to do that,

I'm just worried that it will cause me to break out all over again once I restart this tomorrow night,

if that's possible.

Well you certainly don't want to damage your skin further by applying differin over the sunburn. What type of sunscreen do you use? Take a conservative approach and do not apply Differin tonight.

Btwwwww, what's a good sunscreen to be usingg?

Yeah I'm like you and I only use the topicals at night not during the day, however your skin is still sensitive from them even if you don't currently have them on, with that being said it is a very good idea to use sunscreen. Personally I use one that's combined with my moisturizer. Neutrogena SPF 15 works great for me.

Btwwwww, what's a good sunscreen to be usingg?

If you don't mind ordering it online, my acne clinic (Face Reality Acne Clinic) makes a great sunscreen - its called SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin. It won't clog pores and its not greasy on your face.

And it is ok to skip Differin for a night or two. If you ever get sunburned again or if you get excess irritation, its okay to hold off applying it for a night. Some people actually only use retinoids every other night, so don't worry too much about missing a night!