Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isabella123

What "chemical" is best for clogged pores and mild acne?

Hi everyone. I am 21 years old and have suffered from mild to moderate acne for over 12 years now. I've tried benzoyl peroxide with some success but have moved away from it in the past 2 years. I am currently suffering from quite a few closed comedones on my forehead and cheeks and am still getting papules here and there. I am using the aspirin mask which is helping but I cannot get my skin to look any better. I have been researching some stronger products such as Green Cream (retinol), Makeup Artists Choice Glycolic Acid Peel, as well as a few other salicylic acid products (Paula's 2% BHA liquid, maybe 10% salicylic peel). I am kind of lost as to what product is best for my situation. I do have redmarks but I wouldn't say that they are my main concern. My biggest priority would have to be unclogging all of these pores. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I would also love any recommendations for products that I haven't mentioned. Thank you again everyone!

I think you should use an AHA product. Those help remove the top layer of your skin I think.

I also HEARD that aspirin is kinda like salicylic acid (don't know if it's true or not), and you're using aspirin which you said isn't helping your skin look better. So don't use salicylic acid I guess. I don't know anything about retinol.