Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have this small red bump on my face roughly 1-2 centimeters below my right eye. It's pretty firm and doesn't seem to be filled with liquid. There's no whitehead, so I don't think I could pop it if I could. I'm not sure if it is acne since it's been there for over a week now, and salicylic acid doesn't seem to have any effect on it. I tried hydrocortisone cream on it which didn't seem to do much either. Any ideas on what it could be and how to get rid of it? Thanks.

It could be a small nodule/cyst. Those can stick around for a long time before they go away. Nodules are firm, without a head of pus, and are often deep under the skin, so they often don't come to the surface like other pimples do.

Try applying ice to the spot for a few minutes at a time, several times a day (see Wynne's excellent description of how to treat lesions like these - she has it posted in a number of threads across the messageboard). Neosporin cream (the white cream, not the ointment) or polysporin can also help reduce inflamation.