Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KL Merciless

Can I use a topical cream with Accutane?

I've heard of people using Differin or something along those lines with Accutane. I know Tazorac is completely out.. but is it a good idea to use any creams while on Accutane? People have told me BP is good if my skin isn't too sensitive for it. But I have loads of creams left from my previous failed treatments (before I was able to get on Accutane) ... could I use any of these? I've been told that it's just best to let Accutane do it's thing and just keep washing my face and that's it. However, I just changed Dermatologists because I moved (not something I am very happy about.. a wee bit afraid they'll muck up my treatment from where my previous Dermatologist left off), so I can't call and ask. Then again, my next appointment is next week, I think, so I could ask, but I want to know if you guys have used any topical creams + Accutane.

:think:

Yes. Search my posts. I explain this in a few.

Don't use a retinoid though, unless you want one hell of a breakout and super dry skin. It doesn't do shit anyway.

I would'nt, your skin becomes increasingly fragile to scarring and anything you put on it.

I would just wash of a morning, and evening (if necessary) with water only,and let accutane do its job.

I have the same question too. Can I use topical cream for my allergies (arms)? I have bad allergies and basically allergic to everything - eggs, sea food, flowers... my skin gets all rashy (exzema), however I use topical cream and the next day it's gone, but could I use it while on accutane? It's not on my face.