Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

First week of regimen

Hey people, just got a few questions

I'm using Quinoderm Facial wash and quinoderm 5% BP and have been on the regimen since wednesday

I've been waking up with BIG whiteheads, which heal over in like 4-5 hours?

I never get these kind of spots, i usually get deep under the skin ones that take WEEKS to go away

Is this a purging process? It's not too bad as once i pop the big whiteheads the seem to go down very quickly.

Just wondering, is this normal and when will it stop?

I started the regimen 3 days ago, and I've experienced more whiteheads than usual as well. I think it is part of the purging process, though the regimen does recommend 2.5%, not 5% BP, so maybe you should change that and see if it helps :)

I started the regimen 3 days ago, and I've experienced more whiteheads than usual as well. I think it is part of the purging process, though the regimen does recommend 2.5%, not 5% BP, so maybe you should change that and see if it helps :)

The delivery cost to the uk is insane :(

Here are some reviews of the product I'm using, it scores higher than DUAC

4.25/5

http://www.acne.org/quinoderm-cream-reviews/134/page1.html

Thanks for the reply!

i think that is part of the purging. it stops depending on the person, i don't remember exactly when i stopped, but i know it took longer than a month. sorry if that discourages you :cry: if your skin responds well to bp, i think the results in the end were worth it. when i got comfortable with the regimen i used to wait longer in between the cleanser and treatment than i was supposed to, and that did not help. lol. you're probably not doing that, but just wanted to give you a head's up. and i agree the delivery cost in general is ridiculous. there's some boards on here that tell you how to dilute the bp if you feel the percentage is too harsh.

I think I've been using way too much BP, mine comes in a tube so i just squeeze it out and have been using like 2 big blobs on my chin, 1 blob on nose, 1 blob on both cheeks....

I was just like meh, let's slap loads of this cream on so it works faster, bad mistake!

My chin is so red and aggravated its silly :(

I've just re applied and used a LOT less than the previous days

Tomorrow morning I'm going to stick to using only a little bit.

I genuinely feel like I'm purging in a good way though, getting rid of all the gunk first

Day 5 btw :)

Yeah, as you've learned now, when you're starting with BP more is not necessarily better. Take it slow, so your skin has plenty of time to adjust. It will take a while, but like gefiltefish said, if your skin can handle it, it'll be worth the wait.

Thank you very much for the reply! I think I'll wait until the 2 week mark to start using generous amounts.

Just step it up gradually. You only need to use a very small amount when you're first starting. Give yourself a month or two to work up to "generous" amounts. Just use a little bit more every week or so. If you increase your doses too fast or by too much, you'll just end up with terribly dried out, uncomfortable skin.