Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I guess the reason for my posting this would be to show that all though some of us are extremely depressed/distressed with our appearance...

You know what, I won't even go into it. Check it out and you be the judge.

Warning: Somewhat graphic in terms of operation procedures.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...GLP08q0dE1wW07t

I saw this a while back and realised how good i truly have it in life. I felt so sorry for that guy. Another one i saw was with that guy who had neurofibromotosis; and it really made me think of how stupid i was being, complaining about some stupid spots.

wow, and i thought i had problems with acne.. stories like these really change my perspective of life and how acne should not deter me from going out and enjoying life

Be greatful for what you have I guess that's what the Op is sayin'.

^ I second that Loochi :) It makes me realize I shouldn't complain about a couple dots on my face. I should actually be very grateful. I wasn't able to watch the whole video because it kept lagging. But from what I watched, it made me really sad :(

This doesn't help me at all. How is it supposed to help? It depresses the hell out of me.

O_O

Oh my god, that's horrible! :(

I sat there the first five minutes staring at the ad at the top, I didn't know I was supposed to scroll down :lol:

i fail to see how this could make someone feel better. yes, i feel bad for that guy. yes, i would rather have my condition than his condition. but i dont have his life. The capacity for him to have a fulfulling life is a lot different than mine. Imagine how lucky he has it compared to someone with no arms or legs, or someone who is mentally challenged, or someone who has had been abused and tortured for a long time... I dont like to compare myself to others, pretty or ugly...I just want to reach my full potential.

i fail to see how this could make someone feel better. yes, i feel bad for that guy. yes, i would rather have my condition than his condition. but i dont have his life. The capacity for him to have a fulfulling life is a lot different than mine. Imagine how lucky he has it compared to someone with no arms or legs, or someone who is mentally challenged, or someone who has had been abused and tortured for a long time... I dont like to compare myself to others, pretty or ugly...I just want to reach my full potential.

I did not post the video for you to "feel better". Hence, the "you be the judge" remark. Take it as you want.

For some it helps to see things from a different perspective, so to speak. For others, its just a fascinating (and heartbreaking) story.

For others, its just a fascinating (and heartbreaking) story.

How did you receive this story? At first (and I'm so ashamed of myself over this) I could barely even watch. I've never seen anything like it. Then I remembered that a real human being with feelings is underneath, and I just feel horrible.

EDIT: Yeah react would have been better.

For others, its just a fascinating (and heartbreaking) story.

How did you receive this story? At first (and I'm so ashamed of myself over this) I could barely even watch. I've never seen anything like it. Then I remembered that a real human being with feelings is underneath, and I just feel horrible.

When you say 'receive', do you mean as to how I reacted to the video?

My reaction to watching it- shocked, saddened, even mad. Shocked, at the severity of his condition, shocked with his determination to stay faithful to his religion even if it meant he was to not be able to go into surgery. Mad. Mad at how cruel and insensitive some people can be. Mad at how they pointed, mad at how they stared, mad at how some even took photographs for the sake of being amused. Saddened. Saddened at how he must feel every day, every hour, every minute of his life.

The show "MY SHOCKING STORY" is truly amazing. It sheds a lot of light and attention to some of the world's rarest yet devastating diseases, birth defects, etc. As a result, many of the people featured on the show are able to receive donations and free treatment.

It does definitely make you feel glad for what you do have; we all still have faces, even if those faces have spots. I feel terrible for this poor man, and I hope he can, someday, somehow, be healed.

:)