Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alexj

Argan Oil anybody tried it yet?

Hi there I have been suffering from acne for about 7 years, I have tried many things medication from doctor, herbal remedies and last accupuncture which cost nearly £3000 with no result. About 3 week ago I bought a handmade soap from an online shop that cost me less than £4 the result is amazing my acne is completely gone and my skin look so healthy. Anybody know about this oil and if so I have you tried it let me the result. I don't know if I can put the name of the shop I did get the soap but if you want to know send me a reply and will let you know the web address. Take care All

Alex

Hi,

I just joined. Just wanted to say that the argan oil is amazing if you have mild acne. I had moderate to severe acne last year and the argan oil made my skin worse. But now that my skin can tolerate it, I must say that this stuff is amazing! My scars are much better (red, flat marks) and the texture and tone of my skin has improved a lot. I've only been using it one week in combination with facial exercise. I'll let you know how it goes in the coming weeks.

Hi,

I just joined. Just wanted to say that the argan oil is amazing if you have mild acne. I had moderate to severe acne last year and the argan oil made my skin worse. But now that my skin can tolerate it, I must say that this stuff is amazing! My scars are much better (red, flat marks) and the texture and tone of my skin has improved a lot. I've only been using it one week in combination with facial exercise. I'll let you know how it goes in the coming weeks.

How has the argan oil worked for you?

Argan oil is exceptionally rich in natural tocopherols (vitamin E), rich in phenols and phenolic acid, rich in carotenes, rich in squalene, rich in essential fatty acids, 80% unsaturated fatty acids[6] and depending on extraction method more resistant to oxidation than olive oil.

Fatty acid Percentage

Palmitic 12.0%

Stearic 6.0%

Oleic 42.8%

Linoleic 36.8%

Linolenic <0.5%

:think:

Argan oil is exceptionally rich in natural tocopherols (vitamin E), rich in phenols and phenolic acid, rich in carotenes, rich in squalene, rich in essential fatty acids, 80% unsaturated fatty acids[6] and depending on extraction method more resistant to oxidation than olive oil.

Fatty acid Percentage

Palmitic 12.0%

Stearic 6.0%

Oleic 42.8%

Linoleic 36.8%

Linolenic <0.5%

:think:

so is that good?

Seems that fatty acids makes the difference. This happens in all the oils, but I am not an expert.

What I see is that some of those fatty acids are used in some soap, cleansers and any stuff used for skin care.

I was at first skeptical to buy this because the only ones I could find were eden and the other one at sephora which are both very expensive and very small bottles. So...I resorted to ebay and found a huge bottle of cold pressed argan oil for only like $17 and I was excited to try it on my hair and face but I had some sort of initial break out from it so I took a break. I started using it gradually and now I use it as a moisturizer whenever I'm dry and it works great even on oily skin. It absorbs right into your pores and looks great + the vitamins are so healthy for your skin.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

Are people using it as a cleanser or a moisturizer? I have read that it's great as a moisturizer, but I'm hesitant to try something new...

I was at first skeptical to buy this because the only ones I could find were eden and the other one at sephora which are both very expensive and very small bottles. So...I resorted to ebay and found a huge bottle of cold pressed argan oil for only like $17 and I was excited to try it on my hair and face but I had some sort of initial break out from it so I took a break. I started using it gradually and now I use it as a moisturizer whenever I'm dry and it works great even on oily skin. It absorbs right into your pores and looks great + the vitamins are so healthy for your skin.

I had been acne free for many months until a friend of mine reccomended Argan oil to me , saying it had many anti aging properties. I love natual products so of course I bought a bottle and tried it. All I can say is if you are an acne sufferer like me then I would PROCEED with EXTREME CAUTION as the argan oil has given me a MAJOR break out...So sorry I tried it...