Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_89

just not quite feeling pretty enough?

soooooo i just decided to treat myself to some eyelash extensions at the beauty salon (£45 :| can you believe i did that lol) outragous!! hehe

each lash extension is 1.4 cm long, (i got the longest one); they open your eyes like crazy, your eyes will look SO huge that it totally distracts from skin problems. I'm not just saying that, my skin tone over all looks more even and clearer since having them done. Plus I don't have to spend any more time on eye make up, so I can concentrate on fixing up my skin in the morning. They last for 3 months. I can't stress enough how much I recommend this, if you're having a hard time coping with acne and not feeling as pretty as you are, this is for you. When you look in the mirror instead of just seeing acne and feeling like poo, you will still see acne but on suuuuch a pretty face! Just a lil confidence boost that we need hey, while our skin GETS BETTER touch wood :D

& It works better than just the old trick of just applying more eye make up, bcause of the sheer length of the lashes and how much they open your eyes

Thanks for reading!!! :)

xxx

soooooo i just decided to treat myself to some eyelash extensions at the beauty salon (£45 :| can you believe i did that lol) outragous!! hehe

each lash extension is 1.4 cm long, (i got the longest one); they open your eyes like crazy, your eyes will look SO huge that it totally distracts from skin problems. I'm not just saying that, my skin tone over all looks more even and clearer since having them done. Plus I don't have to spend any more time on eye make up, so I can concentrate on fixing up my skin in the morning. They last for 3 months. I can't stress enough how much I recommend this, if you're having a hard time coping with acne and not feeling as pretty as you are, this is for you. When you look in the mirror instead of just seeing acne and feeling like poo, you will still see acne but on suuuuch a pretty face! Just a lil confidence boost that we need hey, while our skin GETS BETTER touch wood :D

& It works better than just the old trick of just applying more eye make up, bcause of the sheer length of the lashes and how much they open your eyes

Thanks for reading!!! :)

xxx

Holy crap Im booking in for next week! Realllllyyyyy good idea, thanks so much for sharing :)

Thanks for sharing! I was thinking about getting eyelash extensions to distract my acne and scars just a little bit, but didn't think it would work. Does it hurt at all? I get nervous when things touch near or around my eyes. I can't even wear contacts because I'm too scared LOL.

I give my eyelashes a lot of attention too, but instead of extensions, I put vaseline on them every night... it works great - they seem to have gotten longer and thicker :) Plus they're already black, so it gives a nice effect :D

I give my eyelashes a lot of attention too, but instead of extensions, I put vaseline on them every night... it works great - they seem to have gotten longer and thicker :) Plus they're already black, so it gives a nice effect :D

How interesting:O !

Can you post a pic of your end result?

I just watched a vid of how they do it and it is an extremely precise art form if done correctly.

http://www.lavishlashes.com/ (has a video on the website)

I somehow doubt I could find someone well trained in my little town.

my cuzn got these done and they looked really nice on her, too. cool suggestion. i believe the application is different depending on where you go, but the glue they used on her stung her eyes a bit. i was trying to talk to her and distract her, but she couldn't keep up with the convo because she wasn't used to her eye being half open. i've seen prices range from $15 to over $200. i'm guessing the $15 dollars aren't as safe as the ones that cost way more.

I know vaselines amazing! It doesn't hurt, just feels a little weird having tape over your bottom lashes while she does them. The glue did sting me too but only for a minute or so.. She actually glued my top and bottom lashes together and had to cut them apart lol, but don't let that put you off haha! I'll try and get a pic up in the next few days :)

Oooooh, I want! Anything to save a bit of time in the morning is worth the expense, and if it just so happens to distract prying eyes from my pimples then thats even better! Do you know of any salons in the UK that apply these false eyelashes Martha1990? How long did it take for them to be applied? I'm interested!