Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xLKphotox

Spot treatemnt with Retin A?

I have a tretinoin prescription but I was wondering if it was ok to use a spot treatment on top of this. I of course developed a huge ugly pimple over night and I usually use a salicylic acid spot treatemnt but I didn't know if it was wise to mix retin A with any type of spot treatments. Please help :(

Oyamaguchi, iv been using retin a micro for a whileee now and researched it a lot..everything i have heard is that you should NOT use it as a spot treatment. Use the same pea sized amount on your entire face every night. It changes how your skin is, i highly recommend not using it as a spot treatment. Lol do u want her to put a peasized amount on one little spot?

HAha I know not to use it as a spot treatment but my question was can a put a salicylic spot treatment OVER the retin a?

You're not supposed to use salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide over Retin-A because those can cause irritation to the skin. If you absolutely must spot treat, apply very little.

Thanks mortal. I did use VERY LITTLE last night and this morning the bump went down significantly :)

Yay! I don't remember if salicylic acid inactivates Retin A but I believe that Retin A and BP don't combine well at all not just due to the irritation factor.