Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I'm trying to figure out how my body reacts to everything and would love your opinion...

I've been on some form of the Candida diet (with some weeks of exception) for months now and felt like I was possibly seeing results (or it could have been the Ziana/aczone, or allll the supplements i'm taking). BUT, last Saturday, i totally slipped... cake, candy, alcohol, cheese, gluten, yeast... you name it. I thought I was FREE, because I didn't notice anything new and horrible the next few days... (and I was getting so TIRED of veggies and nuts for snacks. I do have a sweet tooth.)

BUT yesterday and today, I have two MONSTERS forming on my chin. Like, huge and painful, and they're killing me. Would you say this is the direct effect of my sugar-binge last week?

(And how do I make these go away ASAP!!!)

Please give me your input :(

I think your breakouts were most likely caused by your binge since you weren't experiencing any major breakouts before it. Reactions to food don't always show up right away.

Sugar is an addictive substance and in order to kick it, you need to eat mostly or all nutrient-dense foods and a source of healthy fat with every meal to make your body satisfied so it won't crave the bad stuff. You can read this to see what I mean:

The Schwarzbein Principle: Sugar Addiction

Sugar and Degenerative Disease

I promise that the desire for sugar WILL go away. After a month of no sugar whatsoever (even fruit or stevia) I don't crave it. It makes me nauseous and tastes like gross cough medicine! My advice is to stop cheating, and leave your zits alone so that they can heal. Maybe put some pure aloe vera on those suckers.

I think your breakouts were most likely caused by your binge. Reactions to food don't always show up right away.

Sugar is an addictive substance and in order to kick it, you need to eat mostly or all nutrient-dense foods and a source of healthy fat with every meal to make your body satisfied so it won't crave the bad stuff. You can read this to see what I mean:

I promise that the desire for sugar WILL go away. After a month of no sugar whatsoever (even fruit or stevia) I don't crave it. It makes me nauseous and tastes like gross cough medicine! My advice is to stop cheating, and leave your zits alone so that they can heal. Maybe put some pure aloe vera on those suckers.

You don't eat any fruit?!

I think your breakouts were most likely caused by your binge. Reactions to food don't always show up right away.

You don't eat any fruit?!

No, I don't like fruit that much anymore. I feel indifferent about eating it, but maybe once I'm completely done with my candida diet I'll introduce a little bit of fruit back in. It's funny too because I used to HAVE to finish each meal with something sweet to feel satisfied, like a slice of cake or a banana or something. Now, I'm just like, "eh."

Did a sugar binge cause a zit 7 days later? Anything's possible, I guess, but in highly repeatable experiments, ice cream bars give me cystic acne in about 48 hours. Anything further out than 72 hours I personally tend to discount as a cause-effect relationship. But, again, anything's possible since there is no detailed understanding of the mechanism(s) of acne.