Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nutmeg_trippin'

Will a whitehead just fall off if I don't pick it?

Hello

Recently I've seen many resources saying that picking is very bad ans should not be done.

From now on, I just leave my (inflamed) whiteheads on their own, but I've noticed that doing so, they tend to surface but stay there for quite some time. I tried simply pulling one of them out, but that seemed to leave a hole, even more than when I just pick a whitehead (but it didn't get inflamed/red as when picking).

If I were to simply forget about that whitehead, will it just dry out and fall off?

Thanks!

for me yes it usually dries off(withing a couple days) and falls off and leaves a red mark depending on how big the whitehead was

for me yes it usually dries off(withing a couple days) and falls off and leaves a red mark depending on how big the whitehead was

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else got some opinions to share?

Yes. Whiteheads can be stubborn, but mine have eventually dried up and fallen off. I am impatient, so I have picked it off before when it is ready, and I'm tired of waiting. The red mark leaves in a couple of weeks.