Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
supatrab07

Pityrosporum Folliculitis RESISTANT to dandruff shampoo!!

okay, so i've been having pf for about a month now. the the first week of treatment was a little promising, as the shampoo that i was using (Selsun) on my chest and back area, leaving it on for 15 minutes before shower was drying up the infected areas. HOWEVER, hoping that applying more would clear it up faster, i started leaving it on for more than 30 minutes, and sometimes more than 2 hours. i know i'm not supposed to do this, but i really couldn't help it.

now the problem is that i think that the yeast is ALREADY resistant to the selsun!!!! i mean, more red dots are showing up and none of them r going away!! is it possible that the yeast could be resistant to the shampoo??

someone help tell me what to do PLEASEEEE.. i'm VERY stressed out. and i'm a paranoid freak. i'm really scared that i'll be stuck with this my WHOLE life.

please help mee!!!!

Tell us a little more what's going on by answering the following questions.

1. What active ingredient is in the selsun?

2. Is it selenium sulfide with 1% or 2%?

3. How many days a week did your derm say to use it?

4. Is selsun irritating your skin and making it red?

5. Have you tried nizoral yet?

6. Are you using any other topical creams or anything else along with the shampoo?

7. Have you tried head and shoulders yet?

8. Is it possible you have acne as well as pf?

okay, so i've been having pf for about a month now. the the first week of treatment was a little promising, as the shampoo that i was using (Selsun) on my chest and back area, leaving it on for 15 minutes before shower was drying up the infected areas. HOWEVER, hoping that applying more would clear it up faster, i started leaving it on for more than 30 minutes, and sometimes more than 2 hours. i know i'm not supposed to do this, but i really couldn't help it.

now the problem is that i think that the yeast is ALREADY resistant to the selsun!!!! i mean, more red dots are showing up and none of them r going away!! is it possible that the yeast could be resistant to the shampoo??

someone help tell me what to do PLEASEEEE.. i'm VERY stressed out. and i'm a paranoid freak. i'm really scared that i'll be stuck with this my WHOLE life.

please help mee!!!!

After doing more research, something that I plan on doing is calling or going back to my derm and telling him I'm almost certain that ketoconazole cream 2% is what I need for pityrosporum folliculitis. It's also been mentioned several times on this forum.

You need to tell your derm that you want this cream. It's baffling to me that the two derms that I've seen didn't even bring up any of these shampoos or the ketoconazole cream 2%.