Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicouture

Anyone have success stories?

:wall: Has anyone who has had cystic.nodular acne cleared up using Dans regimen found on this website? I'm looking for honest answers. I read the success stories but none of them mentioned what type of acne they had.

Anyone . . .?

:dance:

:wall:

:surprised: Oh, and I also have this Question!

Why does Dan's Regimen for moderate/severe back acne have AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) used right after the Benzoyl Peroxide and not have that step in the facial regimen? :wall:

I had cystic acne and it turned out to be a reaction to citrus. You should consider food intolerances. It can be hard to notice since cysts take so long to come and go, they are always there and you don't notice a specific breakout.

I don't use the regimen, so don't have any advice on that.

I had cystic acne and it turned out to be a reaction to citrus. You should consider food intolerances. It can be hard to notice since cysts take so long to come and go, they are always there and you don't notice a specific breakout.

Hey I just got a few cysts, and I'm wondering if some food or drink could have caused it since I just came home for spring break and had some different stuff. Do you have any tips on finding out what caused your cysts? Maybe you could help me diagnose or something even.

I had cystic acne and it turned out to be a reaction to citrus. You should consider food intolerances. It can be hard to notice a connection since cysts take so long to come and go, they are always there and you don't notice a specific breakout.

Hey I just got a few cysts, and I'm wondering if some food or drink could have caused it since I just came home for spring break and had some different stuff. Do you have any tips on finding out what caused your cysts? Maybe you could help me diagnose or something even.

Well, I figured out the link between citrus and my cysts by luck. I had a coworker with the same issue, except she otherwise had perfect skin so could notice that breakouts coincided with drinking orange juice, which she only did on big weekend family breakfasts. I don't break out from using lemons or limes, except key limes. And apparently, few people are allergic to lemons. And I'm pretty sure two of my siblings have the same issue, but they don't listen to me. And their acne was never as severe as mine anyway.

Start by eliminating the things one by one that people most commonly have intolerances for whether allergy or inability to digest. The biggest two are dairy and gluten. Then there is eggs, nuts, peanuts, other/all grains, soy, citrus, nightshade plants, stone fruit, etc.