Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skylar.

DKR Moisturizer plus Jojoba Oil - Skin still dry.

I've been on the regimen for around 6 months, and it works great, I love it. However, I use DK's moisturizer yet my skin is still dry. And I've tried different amounts of BP and moisturizer and mixed in Jojoba oil (and also tried AHA), yet even if my skin is moisturized for an hour or two, after two hours it's dry again and I can't reapply the products later on in my day, nor would I want to. So as far as moisturizers go, does anybody know of a good/strong moisturizer that will keep the skin moisturized all day long instead of having to reapply? (And in most cases the moisturizer just isn't strong enough for me). Thanks I greatly appreciate it. And thanks for the amazing regimen :).

I have the total opposite problem. The moisturizer makes my skin too Greasy.. i just cut out the use of extra Jojoba Oil entirely. And my face is still alittle greasy.. Just goes to show how different everyones skin really is.. Hope were able to solve our problems.. Good Luck!

my skin used to be extremely dry.. then i found CeraVe moisturizer. It quickly moisturizes my skin and works allll day. My face tends to get a little greasy with any moisturizer I use so when I find time i just dab my face with a towel and its all good, but its not always necessary. You can find it at CVS. I use the CeraVe facial cleanser too.

I've been on the regimen for around 6 months, and it works great, I love it. However, I use DK's moisturizer yet my skin is still dry. And I've tried different amounts of BP and moisturizer and mixed in Jojoba oil (and also tried AHA), yet even if my skin is moisturized for an hour or two, after two hours it's dry again and I can't reapply the products later on in my day, nor would I want to. So as far as moisturizers go, does anybody know of a good/strong moisturizer that will keep the skin moisturized all day long instead of having to reapply? (And in most cases the moisturizer just isn't strong enough for me). Thanks I greatly appreciate it. And thanks for the amazing regimen :) .

Your skin is probably dry due to the weather. Im assuming you dont live in Australia and its winter time where you are.

I'm no expert, but try something gentle like Cetaphil?

Im like the only person on this site who I know of who is allegic to cetaphil. It gives me red bumps all over my face.

I have the total opposite problem. The moisturizer makes my skin too Greasy.. i just cut out the use of extra Jojoba Oil entirely. And my face is still alittle greasy.. Just goes to show how different everyones skin really is.. Hope were able to solve our problems.. Good Luck!

It sounds like we have similar skin Karlie. I remember very vividly I had used Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and when I woke up in the morning, I had ten cystic pimples all lined up in a row under my chin.

Have you tried not washing your face for a day? What better way to moisturise than with natural oil?

In my experience nothing even compares to Eucerin, the problem lies with the fact it feels greasy and sort of malgamates with BP to create cum like stains all over your face.

Use it at night and it should work fine.