Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I want to 'pluck' my vulture of its feathers.

I've tried shaving my pubic hair (with my Mach 3 Turbo razor) and it has proven to be a rather tedious procedure. Razor burn feels extremely irritating on ones face, let alone around one's genitals. Not to mention, its just very not sexy. I mean the freshly shaven part is sexy, but the razor burned part, no so much. I should mention, in case of razor burn, Dan's gel is oh so heavenly sent! :)

So, the beard trimmer approach. Razor-burn/ingrown hair proof. However, obviously not as close of a shave, and leaves quite a bit of stubble. While some ladies do like it rough; the rug-burn effect of the friction from fornication, may not feel so pleasant for others.

So, which brings me to my question.

I've looked into Nair hair removing creams. Not the wax though. The stuff that you spray onto your genitals in a whipped-cream fashion, and when you wash it off the hair comes off too.

So, good idea? Bad idea? Pros? Cons? How close of a 'shave' can I expect using such a product?

Spank you very much in advance, to those who respond.

PS: I'm a male. But I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to use such a product, and not be afraid of being labeled a gay (not that there is anything wrong with being gay, gay people are pretty cool, and they are so nice and courteous).

Edit: Ooooh ooooh, and I forgot to ask. From a ladies perspective, do you prefer your men to be bald; not George Constanza from Seinfeld bald, but you know.. down there kind of bald?

And mods, if it is an inappropriate question of me to ask, I am oh so terribly sorry. Feel free to delete. I did try to keep it as PG as I possibly could. I promise!

i've never used nair hair removing creams on anywhere besides my legs, so hopefully this helps you out a little bit. my experience with it was bad. they say to leave it on for 3 minutes or a little longer, but it didn't make that much of a difference after the fact. and you know how when you shave you don't have to use too much shaving cream? yeah, well, you have to use much more of the nair product to cover the whole area. i feel it's just less efficient overall; it takes longer to get half the results when you shave.

and i agree, a lot of gay people i know are courteous and cool. strong souls who have to deal with a lot of shit.

In a word - WAX.

Don't shave! My waxer tells me shaving just makes the hair grow thicker and faster. And that nasty smelling NAIR stuff should not be used anywhere near your genitals or any body openings because of the harsh chemicals.

Waxing lasts a long time especially when you use "Tend Skin" (Google -- pricey but worth it) regularly which helps prevent ingrown hairs.

I am a female and I get waxed once a month followed by a daily application of the Tend Skin which keeps the newly grown hairs at bay.

As a female I think less hair is better all around...on females.

My preference is for a man to be hairy, not bald. That goes for his head, chest, arms, and nether regions. Some of my girlfriends differ with me on this they like a guy who waxes or shaves his chest hair, etc. I personally find it pretentious when I see a guy at the gym who obviously shaves his chest and arms. The first thing I think is either he's too into himself or he is a homosexual.

As for the hair down there, I like a guy to be a guy so my preference my guy to be au natural unless of course he has some type of jungle situation happening which could easily be manscaped with a little trim.

If you must dehair yourself the waxing is what I would recommend. But please see a professional waxer, don't attempt it at home.

Shaving doesn't make hair grow in differently!! I loathe this old wives' tale. Shaving cuts the hair to a blunt end, rather than it's natural tapered end. This makes it feel thicker and look darker, but it's the exact same hair that was growing there before. Just has a haircut.

Anyhoo, I personally don't see the appeal of a guy being "bald". I don't think I'd have a problem with the actual result, but the message, would be that a guy is a little too focused on his presentation. The same way a metrosexual guy wouldn't really appeal to me. That's simply my taste, but hell, I'm married anyhow, so the only one who has to be concerned with being my taste is my husband. And he does no downstairs landscaping.

I think if you absolutely want to do something with your lawn, you should stick with trimming. Perhaps not as closely trimmed as a 1 on the beard trimmer... maybe try a four or a five. Keep things neat but not gone.

But again, my opinion as a married woman may not be what you're looking for. Have fun experimenting.

(And you're right, razor burn is a bitch.)

Personally, clean shaven is best.... nair, wax, shave wtf/e just get rid of it hehe... do eeet :nod:

Ok, so it takes a lil' maintenance but its a whole lot more comfortable.

IIIFFFF you are going to shave, use conditioner, it eliminates razor burn :)

This is what i use: http://www.shavesthere.com/412TRMCOMBO.htm

Works good for me, but i'm not sure how good it will work for a guy. Good luck!

So, I want to 'pluck' my vulture of its feathers.

I've tried shaving my pubic hair (with my Mach 3 Turbo razor) and it has proven to be a rather tedious procedure. Razor burn feels extremely irritating on ones face, let alone around one's genitals. Not to mention, its just very not sexy. I mean the freshly shaven part is sexy, but the razor burned part, no so much. I should mention, in case of razor burn, Dan's gel is oh so heavenly sent! :)

So, the beard trimmer approach. Razor-burn/ingrown hair proof. However, obviously not as close of a shave, and leaves quite a bit of stubble. While some ladies do like it rough; the rug-burn effect of the friction from fornication, may not feel so pleasant for others.

So, which brings me to my question.

I've looked into Nair hair removing creams. Not the wax though. The stuff that you spray onto your genitals in a whipped-cream fashion, and when you wash it off the hair comes off too.

So, good idea? Bad idea? Pros? Cons? How close of a 'shave' can I expect using such a product?

Spank you very much in advance, to those who respond.

PS: I'm a male. But I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to use such a product, and not be afraid of being labeled a gay (not that there is anything wrong with being gay, gay people are pretty cool, and they are so nice and courteous).

Edit: Ooooh ooooh, and I forgot to ask. From a ladies perspective, do you prefer your men to be bald; not George Constanza from Seinfeld bald, but you know.. down there kind of bald?

And mods, if it is an inappropriate question of me to ask, I am oh so terribly sorry. Feel free to delete. I did try to keep it as PG as I possibly could. I promise!

i highly recommend nad's. however you should get it done by a professional at least once just so you know how to do it (you have to be very brave and pull VERY FAST and VERY HARD - but the nad's barely hurts if you do it right.

but really, as long as you don't have a bush girls don't mind that much. trimming would be fine.