Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MARYGRASS

MAC Red lipstick and red marks/hyperpigmentation

i want to wear red lipstick because it really suit me

i want to wear the mac russian red lipstick like Dita Von Teese

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/styl...ta_vonteese.jpg

it really suits me because i have very dark hair close to black and very light olive skin

but im thinking about it because if i wear red lipstick i need have to have a good complexion since red lips brings out ur skin making it contrast

i don't have much acne anymore but i have tons of red marks on one side of my cheeks clumped together and little bit of red marks on the other side

should i wait for the red marks to fade and disappear completely then wear it?

ps i don't want to wear foundation or concealers stuff like that to cover my red marks.

Put it on at home like you would if you were to go out and take pics. Then you'd be able to see for yourself (and show us too if you like).

With makeup I always like to perform a dress-rehearsal lol.

& Dita von Teese is so pretty and stylish! :D

"ps i don't want to wear foundation or concealers stuff like that to cover my red marks."

then no, don't wear the red lipstick. it won't look right

"ps i don't want to wear foundation or concealers stuff like that to cover my red marks."

then no, don't wear the red lipstick. it won't look right

I agree--you shouldn't wear red lipstick if you aren't going to wear anything to cover your red marks. It will make it look more noticeable and like you were in a hurry and didn't have time to finish your makeup. Even if you have clear skin, red lipstick would still look odd without foundation and mascara. (If you notice, Dita von Teese has full makeup on)

it really suits me because i have very dark hair close to black and very light olive skin

but im thinking about it because if i wear red lipstick i need have to have a good complexion since red lips brings out ur skin making it contrast

i don't have much acne anymore but i have tons of red marks on one side of my cheeks clumped together and little bit of red marks on the other side

ps i don't want to wear foundation or concealers stuff like that to cover my red marks.

Why dont you want to wear foundation?

i already have oily skin and it may give me new pimples i have i experienced it b4

but im just gonna use some powder instead

it absorbs the oil and does give me new pimples

i already have oily skin and it may give me new pimples i have i experienced it b4

but im just gonna use some powder instead

it absorbs the oil and does give me new pimples

Just buy make up that is water based and not oil based. Foundation is not the underlying cause of acne. Its only a small part of it

I have moderate acne and tons of redmarks from previous breakouts. I wear foundation everyday to cover them up and Im wearing red lipstick right now as a matter of fact. If I can wear red lipstick so can you :)

yeah, honestly, like some of the other people said, red lipstick looks best with a full face of makeup.

that doesn't mean you have to cake yourself up to wear it, but a lil foundation/powder and some eyeliner/mascara would make it look much better.

but it's your face, you can do whatever you want. :)

I completely understand you don't want to wear foundation as you skin is oily. I am a qualified beautician and my tip is to use mineral powder or mineral foundation as they do not clog the pores. The best one that I absolutely recomend is Laura Mercier mineral powder " soft porcelain" or the new mineral foundation by Maybelline. The foundation is great as it does not contain oils, waxes and talcum, which are really bad for oily skin. Believe me these products are great. Also, try Dermalogicas brightening products: Daily microfoliant and the over-night kit. There is a good "booster" called "skin renewal booster", also in the Deramalogca range. These will help brighten the red marks. Make sure you wear SPF15 at all time to prevent pigmentation on the affected areas. I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!! <3