Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently 20 days in Accutane and I have some bad stuff going on which is normal. Dry lips, excema on back of hands, dry nose/face etc.. But the worst is what started yesterday, the swolen lips. I woke up today with a REALLY inflamed lower lip. Is this normal? What's going on?

PS: I'm on 40 mg.

I'm currently 20 days in Accutane and I have some bad stuff going on which is normal. Dry lips, excema on back of hands, dry nose/face etc.. But the worst is what started yesterday, the swolen lips. I woke up today with a REALLY inflamed lower lip. Is this normal? What's going on?

I would see a Dr. as soon as possible.

I'm know Dr., but i do know that one of the symptoms of an allergic reaction is swollen lips. I was taking Doxycycline and had the same thing happen to me. Both me lips swolled up real bad. I went to the Dr.'s the next day and they had to give me a shot and then put me on Prednisone for like a week.

I would see a Dr. as soon as possible.

I'm know Dr., but i do know that one of the symptoms of an allergic reaction is swollen lips. I was taking Doxycycline and had the same thing happen to me. Both me lips swolled up real bad. I went to the Dr.'s the next day and they had to give me a shot and then put me on Prednisone for like a week.

I have no idea what to advise in your situation, but for me in the first few weeks of taking accutane, I developed swollen and numb lips. It wasn't severe, but it was definitely noticeable. The swelling would get better as I drank more water, so I just figured I was dehydrated. I told the doctor about this my first trip back, and she was a little perplexed as I wasn't allergic to the medicine. She didn't think it was anything to stop taking the medicine for. All I can say is that in my case, it got less as time went on (almost done with 4 months now) and as I drank more water.

At the beginning i definitely had the swollen lips, you should see some of my pics during hte first month or so, it looked like i had lip injections