Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aurelia

I Never realize how HORRIBLE I looked til' I took these pics

Well I am using the Proactive solutions 3 step program substuting the Toner for ACV and then following up with the Proactiv Repairing Lotion. I also use that prescribed bleaching cream on spots (I forgot the name of it Hyquo...something.)

anyway As you can see my face is pretty BAD~ some days it is ok but it is HORRIBLE Lately. I had 2 cysts on each side of my nose that THANKFULLY ACV drained but they of course left ugly marks.

any advice for me. I really am comtemplating chaning my entire routine because this one isnt working (I've been on proactive for about 3months now and using the ACV for over a month). I hear that the Black Opal products are good for African American.

Any advice or tips would be great. Usually when my face looks this horrible I touch up some spots with the Proactiv Sheer power foundation.

Here are the pics sad.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks for any input you may have.

Aurelia (feeling like an ugly duckling) [email protected]

I agree, try dans regimen.

Your face is not that bad, you do have some marks but they can easily be cleared up in a couple months.

You HONESTLY think those HORID marks will clear in a few months?? Really, on Dan regimen?

I guess when you look/feel this bad you get stuck on HELPLESS!!!

Aurelia

I agree, try dans regimen.

Your face is not that bad, you do have some marks but they can easily be cleared up in a couple months.

You HONESTLY think those HORID marks will clear in a few months??  Really, on Dan regimen?

Thanks!! So Dan Routine won't help with the marks but will with the acne? Am I following that correctly? Can I purchase all that I need for his Regimine at a CVS (local drug store.) I SWEAR I never knew how Horrible I looked til I took closeup shots of myself sad.gif

JC can you recommend any good but inexpensive Home peels

and I would like to hear anyones personal "Dans Regimen" Routine. I truly am trying to be patient. Hell I gave that Proactive and bleaching cream 3 months before I took those pics and posted here beggin' for help (smile)

UGH ](*,)

Thanks for the support. But be honest...it is kinda HORID isn't it?

aurelia-most of us are in the same boat so dont feel bad.proactiv didnt really do anything for me. bp is too drying for my skin and only seems to break me outmore try some gly acid peels

WOW you guys are the best!! Thanks!! so I will give his regimen a try...can someone post what products you use for the regimen and any other tips? do you think that using that hyquo....something prescribed bleaching cream will help the marks?

also where can I get some BP Gel not the on the spot stuff but just straight BP Gel...is that from Dan's site only?

Thanks again ~ I feel much better about my pizza face!

JC - can you tell me of a good home peel to use sweetie ~ you always offer up great supportive advice and I truly appreciate it.

I will be taking a trip to the Drug store during lunch to stock up on my new ACNE Stuff!!! biggrin.gif/

Oh an Aurelia, dont worry about the pictures. Its a zoom of a digi cam, most of the things we see in the pics, our eye cant really catch it in real life.

YES, and THANK GOD for that. hahah I really wanted you all (the experts...lol) to just see a good close up shot of what I am working with or working against... biggrin.gif

Aurelia

Oh an Aurelia, dont worry about the pictures. Its a zoom of a digi cam, most of the things we see in the pics, our eye cant really catch it in real life.

do you think that using that hyquo....something prescribed bleaching cream will help the marks?

Your face is not bad at all. I think you are one regimen or treatment away from beautiful skin, but i cant comment on which regimen or treatment to choose.

Good Luck, you'll be fine.

do you think that using that hyquo....something prescribed bleaching cream will help the marks?

Frances is the one to talk about that I believe. He really likes hydroquinone alongside something else. I forget now.

Aurelia,

I use Dan's plan and I've had great results with it. You have some spots but it's not that terrible. I think you're sort of pretty, to be honest.

I tried proactiv too. It was too drying. The wash contains BP so it was overdrying. I still use the repairing lotion sometimes cause it's light and contains 2.5% BP just like Dan's gel or Neutrogena On-the-spot. The trick is to use a lot of it, morning and night. I saw results in a few weeks but some people take longer.

I was too cynical to take "before" pictures, but it really works. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the sorta pretty compliment...I feel sorta HOMELY...rotfl.

I will be giving Dans plan a try. How long does it take to order that bp stuff from him? I'm thinking Dans stuff will last longer than that on the spot neutrogena stuff. Perhaps I'll start off with it then order dan's stuff.. Heck I dunno I just want something to work...LOL

Thanks again for your advice and I hated to post the before pics but I am praying my After pics are 100% better!!

Aurelia

Aurelia,

I use Dan's plan and I've had great results with it.    You have some spots but it's not that terrible.  I think you're sort of pretty, to be honest. 

I tried proactiv too.  It was too drying.  The wash contains BP so it was overdrying.  I still use the repairing lotion sometimes cause it's light and contains 2.5% BP just like Dan's gel or Neutrogena On-the-spot.  The trick is to use a lot of it, morning and night.  I saw results in a few weeks but some people take longer. 

I was too cynical to take \"before\" pictures, but it really works.  Good luck!!!

it takes lots of patience and good care of your skin AND body to get good results. don't worry, your skin will get better as long as you follow the regimin STRICTLY and also watch what you eat. drinking a lot of water helps A LOT too.

=)

Aurelia,

I dont know how old you are, but dont let your skin hold you back. I have let mine get me down for 20 yrs. It is not that bad now, but I was so depressed for years. Have you gone to a derm/or estictician? I wish I would have done that sooner.