Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FightingTheGoodFight

Fraxel Laser Treatment in Chicago

I have some pretty sever scarring on both sides of my face consisting of box scars and rolling scars mostly. Went on tane a couple years back and it got rid of the severe acne but left me scarred for life. I am considering fraxel treatment and would appreciate any recommendations for doctors in the Chicagoland area and also to share your experience and how much you paid per treatment.

http://www.fraxel.com/findDoctor.aspx

MAKE SURE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FRAXEL REPAIR AND NOT FRAXEL RESTORE!!!!

I found at least 7 doctors in the Chicago area performing Repair so there should be a good price competition. I paid 5k for my first and 2k for the second. Without rehashing my story, which is already posted on this forum, pay particlular attention to treatment levels. Also, expect at least 2-4 treatments depending on the extent of your scarring. I was treated both times at the highest setting of 70mj - 60%, and I have made good progress. You need 4-6 months between Repair treatments. Hyperpigmentation has been a problem for a few people so be sure to address this with the doctors you talk to. Good Luck!

http://www.fraxel.com/findDoctor.aspx

MAKE SURE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FRAXEL REPAIR AND NOT FRAXEL RESTORE!!!!

I found at least 7 doctors in the Chicago area performing Repair so there should be a good price competition. I paid 5k for my first and 2k for the second. Without rehashing my story, which is already posted on this forum, pay particlular attention to treatment levels. Also, expect at least 2-4 treatments depending on the extent of your scarring. I was treated both times at the highest setting of 70mj - 60%, and I have made good progress. You need 4-6 months between Repair treatments. Hyperpigmentation has been a problem for a few people so be sure to address this with the doctors you talk to. Good Luck!

Cool thanks for the reply, how long of a recovery time did you experience?

It's a good solid week before you want to go into the public, but you should allow 2 weeks to look halfway normal. By that I mean you will be red for a while.