Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diventare

Cross your fingers for me. :D

Acne has been a problem for me for about... five years now (I'm 20). I just suddenly started breaking out when I finished high school. I think it's a hereditary thing, since my dad and my aunt (his sister) mentioned having acne problems when they were young.

I've been lurking here for a while now, but last night (March 5 '09 - I live in the Philippines, we're a few hours ahead), I decided to give the regimen a try. I've also started taking a multivitamin and Vitamin C capsules daily, and made a few changes to my diet (more fish and vegetables).

I'm using PanOxyl 2.5% gel, since it's the only brand of Benzoyl Peroxide widely available here, and an unscented face & neck moisturizer from my dermatologist.

Day 1 - March 5, 2009

I have a healing pimple on my right cheek and around 3 active pimples, 1 active pimple on my left cheek and 1 active and 1 healing pimple on my forehead.

Washed my face with Cetaphil, applied the BP, waited for it to dry and put on some moisturizer. Went to bed after half an hour.

Day 2

I'm breaking out a bit on my forehead. But I've also been PMS-ing so this is expected I guess. No change on the active pimple on my left cheek. On the bright side, though, all the pimples on my right cheek are healing.

^ Thank you. :)

Day 3

The pimples on my right cheek are all healing. :D My skin feels rather dry though, but there's no flaking. It just feels tight and dry. I have 2 pimples on my left cheek. I applied a little extra BP on the spots.

Day 4

Just have redmarks on my right cheek. I wish they'd go away. Pimples on my forehead are starting to heal and the ones on my left cheek are starting to heal as well.

My face stings slightly - very slightly when I apply moisturiser, though. And I also noticed a bit of reddening. It doesn't hurt, though. I just look a little red. Is this expected while my face is adjusting to the BP?

^ That's good to know. :D

Day 5

Woke up today and saw a pimple on my forehead and on my chin. :| They don't seem so bad, though. They're barely noticeable.

All the other pimples are healing which is good.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes when a pimple heals, it leaves behind this somewhat rough layer of dead skin (or something, I just think it's dead skin). I don't know how to explain it. Has anyone experienced this? Will exfoliating help slough this off?

Day 6

All the pimples seem to be healing - slowly, though. I'm getting tiny pimples here and there, but I suppose that's to be expected.

My skin is starting to flake a little, though. It's kind of hard to find jojoba oil here, so I've been applying more moisturizer than usual.

I'm currently thinking of doing a detox with apple cider vinegar. Has anyone tried this and had good results? I just think it makes sense, since I'm cleansing from the outside, wouldn't it be good to cleanse from the inside as well? I've also been taking Vitamin C and a multivitamin.

I haven't posted in a while because I'm actually starting over the regimen tomorrow. I couldn't bear the dryness so I'm changing my moisturizer (I bought a moisturizer with jojoba oil and vitamin E). I just gave my skin a week to get back to normal.

On the bright side, though, my skin has cleared up a bit, because I've been drinking apple cider vinegar diluted in water everyday and I've been using it as a toner as well, followed by a moisturizer. I had this big painful bump which disappeared in three days!

I'm going to start over tomorrow morning so I'll be sure to update.

Are you planning on continuing to use the ACV as a toner once you re-start The Regimen?

Not during the first week, but I'm planning to try to integrate the ACV toner into the regimen after four weeks to see if it helps. I am still drinking ACV, though.

Restarted the regimen today.

I'm using Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula, Panoxyl 2.5%, and Nivea Soft with jojoba oil.

I'm also drinking 2 teaspoons of ACV diluted in water once a day, and a multivitamin.

Aside from a few acne scars, I currently have one pimple on my chin, one on my right cheek, and one of my forehead. I just had my period so I'm blaming it on that.

Currently in the middle of day 2. So far so good. No signs of irritation yet. The pimple on my right cheek grew to a head so I popped it with a sterilized needle this morning and put some BP on it.

The one on my forehead is starting to heal, so is the one on my chin. I feel a few small ones coming, though.

Day 4

Currently on the fourth day of the regimen. I'm rather happy. I think I was too quick in increasing the amount of BP the last time. My skin feels normal, although I am feeling a slight amount of tingling after I apply the BP, but nowhere near the dryness and redness I felt during my first try.

I also think drinking the ACV is helping a lot. I've been getting very small spots, but they disappear quickly, in around a day or two.

I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy with work and all. :D

Day 5

Day 5 was ok. A lot of the pimples are starting to heal. I still have a few small spots, though. I'm still not experiencing any irritation from the BP.

Day 6

I've been breaking out a bit. I woke up with two pimples on my right cheek. The annoying kind that's under the surface. I put a bit of 5% BP on those spots.

No pimples on my forehead or any other areas. I still have a few marks from old pimples that have healed, though.

Day 7

The two pimples on my right cheek have gotten smaller. But I suddenly had a breakout right on top of my right eyebrow. Putting BP on them.

I notice that I've started peeling a bit. I guess it's one of the side effects of BP. But no redness or stinging so far.

Day 8

The pimples on my right cheek are probably going to disappear soon. They're barely noticeable now. The ones on my eyebrow seem to be getting smaller as well. I have to say it feels better. Even though I have small pimples here and there, I don't have to put on too much concealer to hide the spots because they're barely noticeable.

Day 9

Pimples on right cheek are getting considerably smaller. The ones on top of my eyebrow have gotten smaller as well. The peeling has stopped, although I feel a slight tingling sensation a few minutes after I apply BP.

Day 10

The pimples on my right cheek are all gone! Yay. :D I woke up with 2 large pimples on my temple, though. They were ready to be popped though, so I took a sterilized needle, popped them and put some 5% BP on the spots. Also have 2 pimples on my left cheek and one on my chin. Is this like an IB or something?

Day 11

Pimples on my temple have gotten smaller and are starting to heal. The other pimples have gotten smaller. I hope I stop breaking out soon. :(