Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smiles_and_sunshine

I suffered from severe acne and now I feel ugly.

I suffered from severe acne almost 2 years ago.

I found this web site and tried it out.

It cleared me up.

I stopped because now I dont breakout very much.

Maybe once a month

Now im left with these marks

I have been single all my high school years.

Now im about to graduate and moving on to college.

I had severe acne 2 years ago.

I feel unnatractive for some reason

zoom in.

post-97855-1236310631_thumb.jpg

post-97855-1236310631_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Cheer up, you're totaly OK! Its not that you look like the Phantom of the Opera!

Speaking as a woman - the only thing that really makes men unattractive is if they feel themselves unattractive. Why? Because they are constantly busy with this topic. No one is perfect: some are small, some are fat, some have acne or scars.

I recomend you 3 things:

- Know your worth. (And it is not about looks.)

- Listen to India Arie's I am not my hair and take it to heart

- If you want a girlfriend get a dog or start singing or playing an instrument. :)

And if you don't mind spending money on it you could also check out the scar treatment reviews on this site.

Good luck!

Hi,

Cheer up, you're totaly OK! Its not that you look like the Phantom of the Opera!

Speaking as a woman - the only thing that really makes men unattractive is if they feel themselves unattractive. Why? Because they are constantly busy with this topic. No one is perfect: some are small, some are fat, some have acne or scars.

I recomend you 3 things:

- Know your worth. (And it is not about looks.)

- Listen to India Arie's I am not my hair and take it to heart

- If you want a girlfriend get a dog or start singing or playing an instrument. :)

And if you don't mind spending money on it you could also check out the scar treatment reviews on this site.

Good luck!

Very Inspiring message :dance:

You've just barely graduated high school. :razz: I didn't date anyone in high school either (I was the "weird" kid), but once I got out I had tons of dates. :)

well, girls usually comment on how nice your dog is :):) Get some nice dog such as Gold Retriever and trust me, girls will love that dog and you can use your chance there and get them to like you too :P

I recomend you 3 things:

- If you want a girlfriend get a dog

I don't get it :think: How would a dog help me pick up girls?

Yes, Wrocky is right.

Imagine a situation: your walking down the street and see a girl. You make eye contact and both smile. And than (except you are really good at chatting up girls) you both walk in different directions and all you have left is the memory of the moment.

BUT if you're walking a dog and she likes dogs (and who wouldn't), there is a good chance she'll stop to pet your dog and you can take the conversation from there pretty easily.

AND imagine she is walking a dog too... :cool:

Speaking for myself only: if a man likes animals and/or makes music (and doesn't smoke) he almost automaticly qualifies to be boyfriend material. (My hubbie got me 2 cats, 2 hamsters and 2 guinea pigs so far. And he plays the piano and sings. :wub: )

It is a huge confidence knock. I always used to think that when people looked at me, they was looking at my skin instead of me. I'm over that now.

When I look at other people I do not look at their skin, even if it is bad. I don't tend to notice.

You sound like a lovely guy and your cute, so just try not to worry about it too much. Girls will want to know you and your personality.

I couldn't agree more. I was probably the shyest person in high school all because of my skin. Even when girls would find me attractive, it made me uncomfortable to be around them because I was so concerned about what my skin looked like. Just look at it this way, if you see a pretty girl and she has acne do you go oh my god look at her acne? I know it doesn't even come to my mind when other's have acne, it's not appealing but it's not a major turnoff either. Believe me, I know what you're going through.

Most girls would choose a confident guy thats not very attractive over an attractive guy who has no self worth. Anyways I feel your pain and wish you the best of luck.