Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smiles_and_sunshine

Are my scars really bad?

I have been single all my high school years.

Now im about to graduate and moving on to college.

I had severe acne 2 years ago.

I feel unnatractive for some reason :(

Hey I hate to say it..but yes your scars are really bad..Considering that you have taken a picture of yourself in flattering direct lightning, and your scars still appear that means they are severe..

But if you can be able to have confidence with the acne scars nobody will care and you will get girls...I have scars that some people would say are severe while some people would say its nothing, but unfortunetly it really affects my confidence which makes me not get any girls, even thou I look "cute"...I know that I would get girls if i had the confidence to not care about my scars...Girls seek for a guy who "got his shit together" and is "comfortable in his own skin", not so much about appearance as people might think...

I think filler and subcision would be the best for your scars, its hard to say what kind of scars you have since you didnt attach a good picture...If you show a picture with strong light from above your head, it would be easier to tell what would be the best thing for you...

Keep a positive attitude and dont let the scars affect your life, try not to be like me...

I dont think your scarring looks bad at all. As for girls ...just try to be confident.I think subcision would really help you and then fillers. Make sure you try subcision while you are young and still producing lots of collagen I think you would get a better result that way. Good Luck.

I've seen people with far worse than what you have, luckily you've come to the right place if you're looking for answers, so please any questions feel free to ask, cause you're not alone.

I think you'd get some smoothing results from using something like Retin A for at least a year, and then a maintenance regimen of Retin A. Retin A helps plump up scars and promotes collagen growth. You could of course also try subcision or dermarolling; there are many options.

You have a GREAT face, you're quite handsome. :) Very handsome.

I may be wrong, but it looks like you still have some active acne. If this is the case it is impossible to determine the extent of the scarring. I have had some beautiful women, but acne scarring has effected me my entire life, and I have the personality to pull off just about anything. Lucky for you you are young and treatments are so much better than when I was growing up. Be agressive, and yes, it is important to you or you never would have posted this on the forum. "To thine own self be true"

the good thing is , is that all your scaring is on the side of your face ... to me that good anyway ... its not on the front part of your face which is what poeple really notice ... espeically when your talkling to someone

Don't worry I used to look worse than you, but you don't feel too bad cause your acne is very noticeable BUT it's still not that bad. You're still young and I know a lot of my old hispanic homies who had the same kind of skin problem as you, and nowadays they have some shallow scars that are left over. You'll be alright, just change your diet where you avoid soda, sugary drinks (instead drink water, 100% juice, etc), and milk. Just remember that DIET and ACNE = cause-and-effect. What you put in your mouth will determine what will show up on your face. Take care

I have been single all my high school years.

Now im about to graduate and moving on to college.

I had severe acne 2 years ago.

I feel unnatractive for some reason :(

Its easy to feel unattractive with scars..thou I am a guy. If you ask me I think you look great man..some people are attracted to what is on the outside only..and that’s just the way life is..but theres a lot of people who see well beyond that. And that’s all that matters..you can still make a great life for yourself and be happy..anybody who would think any less of you or pass judgements on you has a lot to learn about life..and you can count on the fact that life will teach them!

Theres things you can do to improve your scars..it takes work and takes patience as does anything in life..but little by little you can make positive progress..its great to see you are going to school..achieving goals will only help you feel good about yourself and keep you moving forward..its all about moving forward and continuing to grow as a person..while you are doing that you can begin to work on your scars..coming to this forum can be a positive step.

Best of luck starting college and work hard and achieve those goals my friend.. :)

Don't worry I used to look worse than you, but you don't feel too bad cause your acne is very noticeable BUT it's still not that bad. You're still young and I know a lot of my old hispanic homies who had the same kind of skin problem as you, and nowadays they have some shallow scars that are left over. You'll be alright, just change your diet where you avoid soda, sugary drinks (instead drink water, 100% juice, etc), and milk. Just remember that DIET and ACNE = cause-and-effect. What you put in your mouth will determine what will show up on your face. Take care

I've heard reports that cow milk actually causes acne. Not sure whether it's true or not but you can google it to see what I'm talking about. I've heard goat milk is fine however...that's if you can tolerate it and/or find it :D I was stationed in Hungary for several months and that's the only kind of milk we had to drink...it's definitely an acquired taste.