Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletemyaccount

Feeling VERY discouraged!

I'm feeling very discouraged about the regimen. I just looked in the mirror and it looks WORSE than what it did when I first started the regimen. I am getting clusters and clusters of pimples ALL along my right and left side of my jawline. I have NEVER has this happen to me before. They continue to pop up in the same spot or right around each other. I also have about 4-5 above my eyebrows, and too many white ones to even count. I thought this was suppose to help, for me it's not preventing anything SO far, I have ones in spots that I've never had before. I don't know if I should stop or continue. I haven't look this bad since I can remember. It's making my pimples slightly hurtful, RED and with white puss heads. I've also began getting lots of little white ones on my chin, up towards mouth. It's like they're all in a pattern. I know people say that purging is normal, but geez, I thought 1-4 pimples not 1-2 a DAY!! I'm thinking of not even going anywhere tomorrow, because of this outbreak.

I don't know what to do anymore, should I continue or stop? This is my 4th week btw.

I would probably say stick it out. You should probably read "The right state of mind .." by cool as kim deal in the acne.org regimen section. It has helped me when I hit a bump in the road so far..

I'm on week 7 and having a pretty nasty breakout. Probably the worst I've had since week 1 so I know how you feel a bit..but I'm sticking to the 3 month plan, no way I give up until then. And I think if I see at least a 50% reduction, that is enough for another 3 months of effort..

I hope it gets better for you. Just don't look in the mirror, seriously, don't let it beat you up.

ohh so you're supposed to stick it out for 3 months?? geez and i thought u were supposed to see results after 5 weeks (I guess I was relying too much on the "what to expect" chart). Sigh.

im on my 3rd week and i kinda know what you mean.. i was doing great but i got 3 new pimples on my face today.. not that bad but i guess i cannot expect the regimen to work that fast

I would probably say stick it out. You should probably read "The right state of mind .." by cool as kim deal in the acne.org regimen section. It has helped me when I hit a bump in the road so far..

I'm on week 7 and having a pretty nasty breakout. Probably the worst I've had since week 1 so I know how you feel a bit..but I'm sticking to the 3 month plan, no way I give up until then. And I think if I see at least a 50% reduction, that is enough for another 3 months of effort..

I hope it gets better for you. Just don't look in the mirror, seriously, don't let it beat you up.

Thanks alfxo, I usually skim over it just to help me out. I just can't believe how my face looks, I've never had anything this bad before. :cry: I guess I'll continue with it. Thanks for your reply. :D

ohh so you're supposed to stick it out for 3 months?? geez and i thought u were supposed to see results after 5 weeks (I guess I was relying too much on the "what to expect" chart). Sigh.

Ditto!

Mine's definitely gotten worse at points.. & I've also broken out in places that I don't normaly break-out (like in between my eyes! & a whole lot on my jawline & chin. Hormonal? :shrug:)

So I guess it's my turn to tell you to stick with it!

If I can't give up just yet then neither can you. :)

I really think it just takes longer for some than others .. Like me .. I've been on it for almost two months & still break-out every week or so.. Some times are worse than others, but still.

Just stay hopeful that it'll pay off in the long run..

I know exactly how you feel. There have been many days that I didn't leave the house because I thought I looked horrible. But don't give up yet!

Mine's definitely gotten worse at points.. & I've also broken out in places that I don't normaly break-out (like in between my eyes! & a whole lot on my jawline & chin. Hormonal? :shrug:)

So I guess it's my turn to tell you to stick with it!

If I can't give up just yet then neither can you. :)

I really think it just takes longer for some than others .. Like me .. I've been on it for almost two months & still break-out every week or so.. Some times are worse than others, but still.

Just stay hopeful that it'll pay off in the long run..

I know exactly how you feel. There have been many days that I didn't leave the house because I thought I looked horrible. But don't give up yet!

I know, but this is awful. Why do I continue to get zits every day IN the same spot over and over again? It's like right below my left side of mouth going towards the jaw. I never, never had so many zits in 1 week pop up and continue popping up. It's like a connect the dots line and guess what I have another today, right beside the one that popped up yesterday, another between my eyes too. I really think this is doing more damage than good. Maybe I'm allergic to something. After this, I'm going to have to dealt with the red marks, I just don't think I can stick with this, esp after looking in the mirror for like 10 mins, I never, ever used to pick at my face and now because I get these WHITE puss things ALL over my face, I have no choice, cause I can't walk out in public like that. I honestly think since I've changed my diet, etc my skin is better, and I think by using these products I'm just doing more damage, so maybe I'll just use another gentle cleanser and moisturize, maybe get something to spot treat. I can't take this anymore. :confused:

OMGosh - I get the SAME thing. This is week 3 for me and it seems like my body acne is getting better (NOT perfect) but better and my face is just going nuts. I get it all along my jaw and between my eyebrows. It's so gross. If it starts working for you let me know, because I am feeling pretty hopeless right now.

OMGosh - I get the SAME thing. This is week 3 for me and it seems like my body acne is getting better (NOT perfect) but better and my face is just going nuts. I get it all along my jaw and between my eyebrows. It's so gross. If it starts working for you let me know, because I am feeling pretty hopeless right now.

Eeeek, really? Yeah, well I got tired of it and decided to go another way. I look even worse than before I started. As I said in another thread, I need to go out in public and feeling down about my skin for almost 2 months, just isn't worth it to me anymore. Now I'm using a gentle cleanser, over the counter product to just spot treat, since I do no have pimples all over, just in spots thanks to the regimen and then oil of olay SPF lotion/s with JJ oil. It feels good not to wake up with HURTFUL pimples. Hopeful this works and I'll get my skin back to the way it was 4 months ago. :think::snooty:

Bright eyes,

I really do feel your pain. Except I've only just started the regimen. My face was clear with minor pimples here and there about 3 weeks ago. Since then it's just gotten out of control, like some kind of allergic reaction, like you said. It's mainly between my eyebrows, though that's clearing up for some reason, on my chin, jawline, and around my mouth and nose. WTF?? I think it's hormonal so had my iud removed and switched to OrthoTC (non generic version) and i'm going to start spiro as well. Otherwise nothing i use seems to be helping. I also changed my diet to exclude sugar dairy and flour and haven't seen any results from that yet. I should probably exercise a lot more because i think it would help.

Also, i'm using a soft bristol face brush 2x a day to help exfoliate since my face is dry from bp and it seems to help alot, but i'm not quite sure if it's irritating my skin or not. you'd think if it irritated skin you'd see more acne all over the place but the only place i continue to break out is right where i've got preexisting acne - mainly around nose chin and jawline! So , I don't know . . i wish there were a cure for acne already! i'm so paranoid i think everything's making my skin break out, but then again, when i was using minimal products, just gentle cleanser and moisturizer, it was still out of control for no apparent reason other than stress and anxiety.

I'm feeling very discouraged about the regimen. I just looked in the mirror and it looks WORSE than what it did when I first started the regimen. I am getting clusters and clusters of pimples ALL along my right and left side of my jawline. I have NEVER has this happen to me before. They continue to pop up in the same spot or right around each other. I also have about 4-5 above my eyebrows, and too many white ones to even count. I thought this was suppose to help, for me it's not preventing anything SO far, I have ones in spots that I've never had before. I don't know if I should stop or continue. I haven't look this bad since I can remember. It's making my pimples slightly hurtful, RED and with white puss heads. I've also began getting lots of little white ones on my chin, up towards mouth. It's like they're all in a pattern. I know people say that purging is normal, but geez, I thought 1-4 pimples not 1-2 a DAY!! I'm thinking of not even going anywhere tomorrow, because of this outbreak.

I don't know what to do anymore, should I continue or stop? This is my 4th week btw.

dont listen to these friggin idiots that say stick it out, obviously your skin is reacting horribly to the BP and you should stop immediatly.

dont listen to these friggin idiots that say stick it out, obviously your skin is reacting horribly to the BP and you should stop immediatly.

I did! I have clusters of acne (buildup) on both of my jawlines/chin. My face just hurts so badly. :silenced: Awww... I don't think their idiots, but I have stopped and his products just weren't right for me. :redface:

Everyone is so impatient.

It took me over 3 months to totally clear my skin using BP.

I've been using BP for over 14 years now. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING like it for clearing skin. And I've tried them all.

I still use BP twice a day and will not stop, and I am no youngster.

HAVE PATIENCE. And use it correctly, following Dan's regimen. For me, the jojoba oil is an essential part. I mix 6 drops with the moisturizer. It is awesome.

Stick it out. Unless you have severe acne and need to see a derm, your skin will clear.

Everyone is so impatient.

It took me over 3 months to totally clear my skin using BP.

I've been using BP for over 14 years now. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING like it for clearing skin. And I've tried them all.

I still use BP twice a day and will not stop, and I am no youngster.

HAVE PATIENCE. And use it correctly, following Dan's regimen. For me, the jojoba oil is an essential part. I mix 6 drops with the moisturizer. It is awesome.

Stick it out. Unless you have severe acne and need to see a derm, your skin will clear.

Thanks for the post lilyofthewest. Actually since I've started this thread, my skin has gotten better. I'm going to be honest, I believe the culprit of my jaw, chin, mouth acne was because I was drinking soy. I should of stopped the first night it gave me a stomach ache. Sounds mental, but ever since I quit using it, my skin has cleared slightly and I'm no longer getting the pain zit after zit. While soy may be fine for others, it wasn't for me AT all. Anyway, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents back in.

I'm going on my 6th week and here's to MORE clearing. :pray:

This may not be the response you are looking for. I will be completely honest. When I started the regimen way back when the formula was different containing parabens and the bottles were in their most primitive state, I saw just improvement. Around day 3 my acne was getting nothing but better and continued to get nothing but better. Naturally, I still got pimples here and there and it took time for all the red marks to heal, but after a year or so of regimen use and letting my red marks heal over that time, my skin became absolutely wonderful. In fact, my family was asking me how I did it.

I don't know why people now seem to always experience this "initial breakout" business when they start the regimen, I honestly don't think there is supposed to be an initial breakout associated with BP use. This could be due to formula changes or it could just be that your skin does not receive it well.

If it continues, I would look into something else.

Edit: Just read your last post, that's great you are seeing improvement.

The impatience of people drives me nuts. I was totally cleared by the regimen and my skin looks awesome. But it took 4 months before my skin got to that point. It gradually improved but then I would have a big breakout and get discouraged. Just stick with it exactly and within a few months your skin will be awesome.

The impatience of people drives me nuts. I was totally cleared by the regimen and my skin looks awesome. But it took 4 months before my skin got to that point. It gradually improved but then I would have a big breakout and get discouraged. Just stick with it exactly and within a few months your skin will be awesome.

I honestly understand the impatience, because i'm experiencing it and I recently quit the regimen (quitting for a week) because I had the same exact results as bright_eyes. My face is horribly disfigured with cysts and whiteheads because of the regimen, and to see your face in that condition is so discouraging, so please try to be a little more understanding. This is especially hard on women who are conditioned by society to equate beauty with flawless skin! I'm letting my skin breathe for a little while and focusing on my diet and supplements, I want to start the regimen again to see if I can stick it out, but i'm not sure that I can survive the awful and painful breakouts that I am still not recovered from.