Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deadliest catch

does sweating help acne?

well im by no means an expert but i think it can help but also hurt...if you are clean(just showered, clean hair, etc) and you are outside exercising and sweating i think it helps but if you have greasy hair and ur sweating and dont shower shortly after than it can hurt the cause

i think leaving your skin in a natural state is probably the best thing you can do. I really feel this helps "clean out" pores too. i just let the sweat self dry. Isnt sweat salty? that should be good right? lol

That's a tough one. Back in high school when I did sports, it really fluctuated for me. I always wore makeup while I played, but my acne never got worse or better. Especially in softball, with both the dirt and sweat on top of the makeup, it couldn't have been good, and I did notice at the gym with no makeup and dirt, my skin was a tad bit better...it just depends on the type of sweat you're getting! For some reason, "romantic" exercise never helps my skin, but you gotta get exercise where you can, right? ;) But probably the deciding factor is the cleanliness of your skin at the time of exercise, as well as the increase in your health from said exercise.

Sweating is your body's way of getting rid of toxins and waste. So in a sense, it is good for your skin to sweat, but it's also not good to let the sweat sit on your skin.