Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wegmans

No masturbation, you want in?

Well I started masturbating 3 years ago and thats when my acne kicked in. Ive been reading a bit and since I'm a male it rises my testosterone levels producing oily skin and acne. I haven't gone 3 days without masturbating, big shock.

Starting on 3/6/09 I will not masturbate for 3-4 weeks. Possibly longer. Every 2 weeks, if my skin is looking good I will allow myself a little fun :D

Many of us have connected Masturbating to acne before, but we haven't gone long term. I will post daily updates to how my skin is reacting. Feel free to join me is you're up for a challenge, but remember it's not as easy as it sounds.

Im joining ya, i really need to find out if it works well.. i have "tried" before tho, but just when your bored one nice day, BOOM!

Masturbation and sex does not cause acne.

The foods you are eating can and will cause acne.

Actually for some people, mostly males, acne is hormonal meaning it increases when they masturbate. Sex is different, I'm not quite sure how but it has a different effect than masturbation.

Masturbation and sex does not cause acne.

The foods you are eating can and will cause acne.

Actually for some people, mostly males, acne is hormonal meaning it increases when they masturbate. Sex is different, I'm not quite sure how but it has a different effect than masturbation.

i'd really like some insight on this... i can join along too...

Sex is different, I'm not quite sure how but it has a different effect than masturbation.

If you're not sure how, then why do you make the claim?

Sex is different, I'm not quite sure how but it has a different effect than masturbation.

I'll place my bet:

Any form of ejaculation simply represents significant zinc loss. Zinc serum levels correlate with acne. Sex is different simply because most males can't arrange to have it with as high a frequency and, when they do have it, it tends to decrease the amount of masturbation they do on the side (dropping the total # of episodes of zinc loss). These are only alleged average trends; please, the bunny-like among you, do not post how your personal experience differs. :D

I'd join in if I wasn't on the acne.org regimen, for sure - because if not jerking off actually killed my acne, I would never know that was it.

By the way, is my acne NOT hormonal if caffeine doesn't have an affect on it? Cause if it ain't I guess stopping masturbation won't help.

Day one was completed yesterday

I had about 3 medium sized white heads in the morning

4 small white heads

Red marks

And one old spot on my jawline where it felt like a huge pimple but it was smooth and flat.

I then put on ACV for red marks, acne control, and a SPF 15 moisturizer

Skin felt overall ok and a bit oily

Day 2

Fewer pimples and older ones that haven't gone away in 2 weeks seem to be disappearing :dance:

Urges have gone down already

Overall skin feels good, actually felt like going into public today :)

I found this randomly on an old thread on Zinc:

(and...go jerk off, I noticed that guys get really nasty when they haven't in a while)

There is a relation between Zinc and Sex. Sperm contains an amazing 5mg of zinc. So for those who orgasm alot, they will have zinc deficiency. When u are deficient in Zinc u will have problems, growing, remembering things, u will have white marks on yer fingernails and u will have oily skin. If you are one of those people who masterbate or have sex alot you are probably defficient in zinc and need to take a supplement.

Zinc and Sperm

Zinc is an antioxidant mineral that is also important in protecting sperm against free radical attack. Semen is rich in zinc, with each ejaculate containing 5 mg ­ one third of the recommended daily nutrient intake. This would imply that it plays an important role in sperm health. Three additional functions of zinc have been discovered apart from its important antioxidant one:

the recommended sources of zinc are:

The following forms of this mineral are good to treat acne according to experiments and researchers:

* Zinc Gluconate

* Opti- Zinc or Zinc Monomethionine

i have more information and links on zinc and doses and all that, PM me if u want more info.

P.S. techinically Sperm can be used topically for acne. So dont be so afraid of it ladies. (or guys)

LOL, you single handedly found the relation to why some people get acne after they masturbate. Tell 'em to take some zinc and then they can masturbate. :lol:

And lol, first they recommended pee for acne, now sperm... I'm afraid of what's next.

Sure, you can have sex/masturbate too much, but you know what happens when you've done it too much? You simply have to "wait" until your body is ready to go again. You'll know it's too much because it'll become "painful" to do it. Marathon sex isn't what it's cracked up to be.

It certainly does not cause acne and oily skin, that comes from a different source that isn't a natural innate function of a healthy human being.

Hey if you can prevent breakouts by doing this, go for it I guess. People are putting urine on their faces so I guess this really isn't a big deal.

I think it's the other way around.

High hormones -> feeling randy + acne

FWIW I've noticed that a high carb diet seems to raise my hormone levels; or more accurately a mismatch between activity and carbohydrate intake (either insufficient activity for carbs intake) does.