Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have long surfer like shaggy hair that you see alot with bangs that's cover my forehead. The rest of my face is 100& completely clear. No blackheads, redmarks, nothing.

I know for a fact that my forehead is super bad because of my hair. I know this because one, duh, and two, I can actually feel a nasty greasy film over my forehead from my hair.

I need some help. I don't want a regimen because the rest of my face is clear and it's been clear for a long time and I don't want to mess that up.

Right now I use a neutrogena anti bacterial face watch that kept my face clear and helped my forehead alittle.

This is my acne arsenal that I used when I had pimples on my face:

- Clean and Clear Astringent - What I use for my forehead only now -

- Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 (10& BPO) - What I use for my forehead now -

- Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1%

- Acne Free Retinol Renewal complex - Came in a kit -

- Clean & clear Advantage Fast Clearing Spot treatment (Salicylic Acid) - Came in a kit -

- Tetracycline (Antibiotic pill)

Help me out please?

Yes. Or you could try styling it a different way? I think cutting my hair did reduce the breakouts on my forehead. I agree, the feeling of greasy hair is gross. I used to have shaggy hair so it was a big change.

Agree with the two posters above me.

Here's a third option: try to find a better shampoo and wash your hair more often (unless you already wash your hair every day).

I wash my hair everyday and I'm sorry the long hair stays. It's getting better I just get these breakouts that are really bad. Using the clean and clear 10% BPO with the astringent. I'd rather have a few pimples nobody can see because my bangs cover them then have short hair.

One other possibility is that your hair is spreading fungal folliculitis (it's the same fungus that causes dandruff). It looks like acne but doesn't respond to acne medication. You might want to try using dandruff shampoo on your forehead (and your hair) for a week or two and see if it helps.

im asian with an asian side fringe.. the short side goes up to my eye

where as my longer side i can touch it with my lips lol...

my forehead was prety bad too... with scabs and stuff coz i used 2 pick it.. but over my holiday breka which was like 2months i tied it up everyday which i didnt go out.. and borrowed my sisters headband.. so there was no hair what so ever

on my forehead.. it worked heaps.. i cud appply some treatment.. and not get worried.. now school has started.. once i get home, if i know im not going out.. ill band my hair up once again.. i do it on weekends.. and stuff.. whenever im @ home prety much

i hope that helps..