Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TJM

Alcohol and Accutane, This is interesting...

What do you guys think to this, i was speaking about it the other day with a friend.

So say , if you want to go out and enjoy your self on acctuane at a party, yu just wanna feel relaxed maybe a little tipsy but not totally drunk or futher than that.

My friend goes.

Do you think its safer for your liver to A:

Eat lots of food before party and drink throughout the night like spread it out. so it absorbs slower but in turn you get tipsy slower, so this would mean more drinks?

Or B:

Stay on an emptyish stomach and drink a bit but not rushed through the night and when you feel tipsy spread it out and slow down / stop drinking. = Less drink consumed = safer on the liver

So basically is the statement true about less drink consumed less stress on liver if you stay on empty stomach as it sounds logical, compared to drinking through out the night you would have to drink more to feel tipsy on a full stomach.

Oh by the way, on both methods you are topping your self up with water after every 1/2 drinks.

Lets here your comments.

What do you guys think to this, i was speaking about it the other day with a friend.

So say , if you want to go out and enjoy your self on acctuane at a party, yu just wanna feel relaxed maybe a little tipsy but not totally drunk or futher than that.

My friend goes.

Do you think its safer for your liver to A:

Eat lots of food before party and drink throughout the night like spread it out. so it absorbs slower but in turn you get tipsy slower, so this would mean more drinks?

Or B:

Stay on an emptyish stomach and drink a bit but not rushed through the night and when you feel tipsy spread it out and slow down / stop drinking. = Less drink consumed = safer on the liver

So basically is the statement true about less drink consumed less stress on liver if you stay on empty stomach as it sounds logical, compared to drinking through out the night you would have to drink more to feel tipsy on a full stomach.

Oh by the way, on both methods you are topping your self up with water after every 1/2 drinks.

Lets here your comments.

Idk if it's a myth or not, but I have always been told that it's better to consume drinks with a full stomach. I could be wrong, however. Alcohol + Accutane aren't good, period. Having a couple of drinks is fine, but don't over-do it, because your liver is obviously already taxed. What I believe is that you should keep it easy with the alcohol on Accutane anyways ... Just to give your liver a bit of a break. There's always time to drink after Accutane ... but there's no problem in drinking a wee bit while on Accutane.

yeah but surely, less drink = less strain on your liver and if yu get tipsy its a bonus.

On an empty stomach tho !? oouchh.

I am not going to say the less alcohol the better because I know you're not going to avoid drinking. It's not likely to happen.

So...

I think you should eat and drink water with your alcohol throughout the night. Don't drink on an empty stomach, that's just a bad idea all together. Also, while I was on accutane, I noticed I got tipsy A LOT quicker than normal. I am a lightweight normally, (110 pound female) but on accutane I can have 2 beers and be pretty tipsy. Usually it takes me four or five before I even feel it.

Best of Luck! Don't get wasted!

Yeahh i weigh 125 pounds which is nothing either.

So lets see how it goes.

Ill have something to eat but i wont mega fill my stomach.