Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hearts will hold.

I wasn't too sure where to put this post..

Just wondering, who all here has used CeraVe products? (Cleanser, lotion, cream, whatever).. & how well do they work?

I'm running low on Dan's cleanser, & I'm thinking about trying something different instead of ordering more (I'm a little worried that Dan's is contributing to my dry skin, but who knows..). I went to the CeraVe website, & their hydrating cleanser is pretty tempting.. But I'd like to have some opinions before I go out & get any.

I'm debating between this & Cetaphil. :think:

Just wondering, who all here has used CeraVe products? (Cleanser, lotion, cream, whatever).. & how well do they work?

I'm running low on Dan's cleanser, & I'm thinking about trying something different instead of ordering more (I'm a little worried that Dan's is contributing to my dry skin, but who knows..). I went to the CeraVe website, & their hydrating cleanser is pretty tempting.. But I'd like to have some opinions before I go out & get any.

I'm debating between this & Cetaphil. :think:

I use all 3 of the CeraVe products and I love them! I've been using it for about 2 years and have had no problems, they're extremely gentle and unscented. My dermatologist actually got me hooked on them back when I was on Accutane because they moisturize really well.

I do have one tip though, use the lotion for your face because it spreads nicer than the cream. The cream is pretty thick, so I only use it on my body.

I've got sensitive skin and Cetaphil makes me break out, so if you're sensitive you might want to avoid it too.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

hey Amykins have you tried Jan Marini cleaner its a glycolic acid works good for me at first it dried out the skin alot but i used it twice a day so I'd recommend once for the first week you use it if your prone to dry skin, also get a NATURAL!! has to be natural ingredient VIT E cream the only unnatural thing in it will be the fragrance pretty expensive but worth a try I'd say i was recommended these by a clinic im still under going for N-Lite and skin rejuvenation treatment. :)

I use the CeraVe moisturizing lotion and I absolutely love it! It's the best facial moisturizer I have ever used! It moisturizes very well, doesn't leave my face shiny, absorbs very well, doesn't make me break out, and it comes in a generous size. It works very well with benzoyl peroxide too! I suggest you give this a try.

As far as the cleanser goes, I have not used it (yet). I am planning on buying some once I'm done with Dan's cleanser. I really like Dan's cleanser, but I have heard good reviews on the CeraVe cleanser, so I figured I'd try it.

I think Cerave Hydrating cleanser is a godsend... ive used it for alittle over a month now and it has solved my oily skin problem i feel, i hear great things about the cerave moisturizer too. I havent had a break out since i started Cerave and moisturizing everyday.

I've been using the cleanser for .. about a week & a half or two weeks now & so far I really like it! My skin seems less dry .. Not sure if it's because I switched cleansers or because I've been using less BP. :shrug:

I really want to try their moisturizer or lotion.. Nothing's really worked for me.. Besides Cetaphil, which I would only use at night because it's so thick & made my skin look oily. Hmmm. :think:

Thanks for the replies. :)

The drying of your skin is most likely due to dan's regime since it uses benzoyl peroxide and if you don't use a good moisturizer the BP will definitely make your skin flaky. I use bio oil with my skinID which is kinda like Dan's regime since it basically uses benzoyl peroxide so I too got dry skin, but that's long gone now since Ive been using bio-oil as a moisturizer and a scar fader. Try it out if you want to, but it may cause some to break out so beware. (As for me, it hasn't broken me out at all. My skin seems to like it a lot) Otherwise that just trying using it if the jajoba oil from dan's isn't working out for yeah. Hope this helps. :]

The drying of your skin is most likely due to dan's regime since it uses benzoyl peroxide and if you don't use a good moisturizer the BP will definitely make your skin flaky. I use bio oil with my skinID which is kinda like Dan's regime since it basically uses benzoyl peroxide so I too got dry skin, but that's long gone now since Ive been using bio-oil as a moisturizer and a scar fader. Try it out if you want to, but it may cause some to break out so beware. (As for me, it hasn't broken me out at all. My skin seems to like it a lot) Otherwise that just trying using it if the jajoba oil from dan's isn't working out for yeah. Hope this helps. :]

I actually picked up a box of Bio-Oil when I was at Wal-Mart.. Thought about getting it.. & didn't. It's definitely something I've been thinking about, though! Either that or Cerave's moisturizer.. They're about the same price. :shrug: