Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrs cowell

difference between 20mg, 30 mg, 60mg a day?

What does the dosage represent? it is only weight related or does a higher dose mean it's more intense? does taking 20mg a day differ from taking 80 or 60 mg a day? are there better results? i am taking 20mg a day and in the first few weeks my skin got tremendously better and then i started breaking out again! (not as bad) but still annoying..when does the breaking out stage end?

Initially, it is by weight. 1mg to 1kg. Take your pounds divide it by 2.2 to get you kg. Some dermatologist are more aggressive then others. Also, if you are not responding to your weight dose, it will be increased. But there is also studies that lower dose work just as good so go figure.

^ *nod* The severity of the acne also plays a part. Based upon your weight, the difference in doses does change the intensity. Intensity is subjective though. You can think of it as how well or fast the drug is working and/or how minor or severe the side effects are.

eta: We can't say for sure when the breakout stage ends. It really is different for everyone. :(