Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lollypolly

what i eat as a raw foodist

A few people have messaged me asking what I generally eat so I thought I'd post to give an idea

Normally I'll have a green juice in the morning rather than breakfast. I tend to eat about midday for 'breakfast'.

Early afternoon I'll have a very large salad made up of different green leaves, coriander, parsley, celery, tomatoes, avos, cucumber and cover this with raw pesto sauce maybe a sprinkle of kelp.

In the evening I'll usually make a soup of blended veggies or a curry of blended veggies. Or I might make wraps using lettuce leaves with guacamole, tomatoes and peppers with some flax crackers.

This morning I had raw granola with the most amazing hemp seed milk, goji berries and blueberries.

Fromt time to time I'll indulge in raw chocolates, biscuits, brownies, puddings and ice 'creams'.

What I eat tends to change month on month but this is what I've been eating a lot of recently so thought I'd share.

peas x

raw curry recipe which isn't strictly 100% raw (because of the coconut cream) but is absolutely scrummy. Here goes (serves 2)

100g creamed coconut

1/2 avocado

2 dates

3 tomatoes

1 carrot

1/2 onion

2 tbsp tamari

1 tbsp garam masala

1/4 red chilli

125ml water

Mix it all in a blender and serve over chopped veggies e.g. carrot, cauliflower, sprouted mung beans or chick peas or chopped bits of avo

This is a really tasty dish.

Raw soup recipe

1/2 yellow pepper

3 tomatoes

clove garlic

1/2 avo

1 inch ginger

100g spinach

1 teaspoon miso

small bunch coriander

1/4 red chilli

cup - 2 cups carrot juice