Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nervous

Marvelon or better treatments

I was wondering if anyone had recently tried Marvelon or any other form of contraception that has been great for your acne without any bad side effects.

I was on Diane for years but I was always hungry and it gave been quite bad fluid retention which was very uncomfortable.

My Dr has tried me on Yasmine and Yaz. Both great for my cravings and bloating but not so good for my moods. I suffered from depression and had to get off it.

Just curious if anyone has found any great alternative (i know everyone responds differently) but looking for something that wont cause such severe mood swings and bloating.

I was wondering if anyone had recently tried Marvelon or any other form of contraception that has been great for your acne without any bad side effects.

I was on Diane for years but I was always hungry and it gave been quite bad fluid retention which was very uncomfortable.

My Dr has tried me on Yasmine and Yaz. Both great for my cravings and bloating but not so good for my moods. I suffered from depression and had to get off it.

Just curious if anyone has found any great alternative (i know everyone responds differently) but looking for something that wont cause such severe mood swings and bloating.

Hi there, I was first prescribed Marvelon when I was 17 and was on it for 5 years for both acne and as a method of birth control.

I found it was great at clearing up my skin, I still got a few pimples usually as my withdrawl bleed came on each month (the week when you don't take the pills before going back on them again for another 3 weeks) but that was about it.

With regards to everything else, i didn't experience any side effects apart from what I would say was a bit of a decrease in libido but it wasn't so bad I couldn't deal with it. Also I found it relieved the cramps I used to get when I had my period.

Hope this helps!

thank you. I hope I have the same luck you did with it. I just want to be able to find one that suits me well so i can stick to it :)

Well I wish you luck :)

Actually, just to add to what I said before. A friend of mine was on Dianette and she stopped it because she was experiencing side effects. She then started taking Marvelon and got on much better with it.

Well I wish you luck :)

Actually, just to add to what I said before. A friend of mine was on Dianette and she stopped it because she was experiencing side effects. She then started taking Marvelon and got on much better with it.

Hi

Have been on Yasmin for one month but have decided to switch to Marvelon. Have been having constant head pressure and off balance feeling on the yasmin and tiredness not relieved by staying hydrated. I did have an averse reaction to spiro prior to the Yasmin so am concerned that maybe my body doesn't like the spiro effect in it.

Anyway - has anyone maintained their skin on Marvelon? It's not my first choice - Diannette would be - but dr doesn't want me on this due to age (37yrs!).

Am going to try it for a couple of months - if it doesn't work i guess i'll have to try Yasmin again. Be good to hear some feedback about Marvelon.

Thanks

dizzyblonde