Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TitchyB

Zineryt (Topical erythromicin)

Day 7 of treatment and OMFG has it been nasty!

Ive not been brave enough to take pics until now, waiting for them to be 'OKd' to my gallery.

The first day was soooo painful, my skin felt like it was on fire, then it dried out to all hell and started falling off... THEN it broke out in loads of tiny whiteheads which I was able to attack gently with tissue.

Today is the first day Ive woken up and not hated my reflection! I changed my skincare brand and regimen a coupla days ago too, no reactions, just soft skin for a change lol

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/i...eh/leftside.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/i...h/rightside.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/i...nneh/mehehe.jpg

I remember you posting in the welcome thread and i remember you posting about Zineryt.

My experience with it was poor. In fact i heard people are allergic to it and if it seems like it is really making it worse then i would ditch it and go for something else. I thought it was complete crap to be honest.

I remember you posting in the welcome thread and i remember you posting about Zineryt.

My experience with it was poor. In fact i heard people are allergic to it and if it seems like it is really making it worse then i would ditch it and go for something else. I thought it was complete crap to be honest.

I really thought at first that it was awful, Im a chicken-shit though so I stuck with it because the doc told me to lol

I was dubious to start but now Im pretty sure its working, allbeit slowly. Whether it clears my face completely or just makes it manageable is yet to be seen though.

What are you using right now?

Well now i do not use any topicals.

I got loads of red marks and a bit of active acne, but i think all the products i used before were doing a lot more bad than good. I just wash with a bit of cool water in the morning and then maybe some moisturiser if it feels a bit dry and of course i do not pick at them either! Basically, i try not to interfere with them at all.

The 'do nothing regimen' is a bit hit and miss though. Some people just break out more so if you still want to use something then i would just ask your doc for something else, because there has to be lots of stuff better than Zinyert.

Day 9 and looking better!!!!

Im thinking its got more to do with my new skincare stuff and not picking than the Zineryt tbh but who knows for sure eh? Been eating MEGA healthy too, drinking lots of water and cutting back on the coffee.

Picked up my new car the other day too, took the kids to the park with their bikes, fresh air does the world of good eh? Cant wait for summer, my skin is better the more time I spend outside, we are really lucky to have a National Park on our doorstep so we get gorgeous un-polluted air whenever we want.

Still going bare faced too, I need to find some decent non-comedogenic make-up, any ideas? :)

Prof Fido

Haha I tried the do nothing approach and looked awful! At the start of my acne my mum said to leave well alone and it got sooooo bad >.< thats when the picking started. I agree that alot of the OTCs can do more damage, I ended up with a chemical burn from SA and BP caused a reaction! My mistake was using products for teenage acne, really dried my face out but left the spots behind. Now Im a bit older and alot wiser (hehe) Ive got a range that suits me, I did ask the doc about other treatments but she said to stick with the Zineryt for one course and see how it goes.

Wish me luck!!

Heya, I have been using zineryt and had a similar experience.

I found that i went through the pain and burning etc stage and then my skin started to come off too but then my skin started getting really really clear. dont be disheartened, I am back using it for a second time (i got complacent... foolish!) cause i know it works for me.

Well done for sticking it out and hope we are both clear for summer....

do you have to get it on your back as well? im like a contortionist now!

i find washing twice daily gently with nutragena soap is very helpful aswell :dance:

Hey Im going on to take oral erythromycin

if you not have not tried it yet it could be an idea to keep track of my blog and see how it works out , it shows that it is pretty good :)

Also , if this helps

i have mega sensitive skin , so i cannot use topical creams but if i have to i use NO other washing treatment - just water .

As your skin is being introduced to new chemicals it is bound to react to it especially as they are strong , using too many chemicals on your face could possibly be making it far worse ! So try taking a laid back take to your skin use less chemicals

oh yeah and savlon healing cream is great to use on those really nasty dry spots you get ;)

Okay, i thought id share my zineryt experience with everyone here..i am 21 years old and thru out my teenage years i never had any kind of acne prob, just an ocassional zir or two on my forhead during my periods but nothing drastic. So anyways, i broke out with pimples on my cheek and they realllllly stressed me out, i tried tea tree oil and stuff but nothing was working..i went to the doc and she gave my zineryt..i had around 2 pus filled pimples on my right cheek and one pimple on my right cheek, i started using it on 28th july so its been almost a week now, well my pimples dried up and scrubbed off today but im left with disgusting red marks and extremely dry and tight skin on my cheek..my dermo said this lotion would also help with the red marks but im not too sure and i dont have much patience either!

I just want to know if anyone has any success with this lotion for red marks? I will be visiting my dermo tom or day after to get some cream for my red marks..hopefully that should work and i can have my flawless skin back!

Good luck to all!

Also, with every treatment one needs to have patience, i dont have it but i wish i did!

Ive been using zineryt for about 4 weeks now, i have no more zits at all, just my face is red on my cheeks. What Ive noticed about zineryt is it makes all the acne go away, but it doesnt do anything to the red marks they leave behind (They fade with time basically). So the derm went on and gave me Retin-A to add to my regimen. Morning-Cleanse, wait 10 mins, Put on zineryt. Night- Cleanse, Wait 10 minutes, Zineryt, wait 30 mins, Retin-A. Ive seen a good improvement but full results occur through 7-10 weeks of treatment. Anyways hope it goes well.

P.S-I always buy the smaller zineryt bottle since it seems like after 2 weeks of mixing the powder and alcohol it doesnt have a full effect, I purchase a new one every 2 weeks.

Edited by IhateAcne111

I got given this medication from my doctor, i've only been using it for a week, but already i have resulltss! I actually think this is really good, i don't get left with any red marks.

but then again, everybody's skin is different and reacts in different wayyys :D

okaii im 13 and i get really big red angry spots i went to the doctors today and he gave me some zineryt im wearing it now ... can somebody tell em roughly how long it took for there spots to clear up .. and it burns a little bit ... and i have read some of your skin peels and it looks terrible ... :S ... can somebody tell me what their experience was ... thankyou :/ ... :think:

i have used Zineryt for about a month and i can see the results. its a very good product, the best actually that could treat my acnee. im waiting to see now if it acts also upon my whiteheads and blackheads :confused:

my own experience on Zineryt :