Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koreangirl

Question about make-up use on the regimen

Hello!! :) I just began the regimen today after experiencing some terrible acne for the last 3-4 months or so...

Do the women here have any advice on what makeup to use? I know Dan recommends we don't wear any, but I don't think I could go out in public without a little coverup :think: Also, what do you do in terms of makeup removal at the end of the day? Thank you!!!

hey, i use MAC make up - studio fix liquid foundation which is quite light but still good coverage and i apply this with fingers or buy the sponges as its softer on your skin :)

i know its best to let skin breathe but i couldnt go out without make up on!!

good luck :)

also use a powder once youve applied the foundation for matte coverage and stops you shining :)

gd luck xxx

hey, i use MAC make up - studio fix liquid foundation which is quite light but still good coverage and i apply this with fingers or buy the sponges as its softer on your skin :)

i know its best to let skin breathe but i couldnt go out without make up on!!

good luck :)

also use a powder once youve applied the foundation for matte coverage and stops you shining :)

gd luck xxx

Thank you!! I'm going to swing by the MAC store after school tomorrow :) Yeah I need matte coverage when I'm breaking out this badly...the 'dewy' look just makes me look greasy!! I was using the skinfood aloe BB creme before I started breaking out and loved it...but I just can't use it anymore because it makes me look too oily with my big cystic pimples :( :(

aw thats ok :)

its quite expensive here, im from london :)

aww :( i hate cystic acne even to touch it - thats why i use the sponges.

you heard or tried freederm?? xx

aw thats ok :)

its quite expensive here, im from london :)

aww :( i hate cystic acne even to touch it - thats why i use the sponges.

you heard or tried freederm?? xx

Thankfully my sister took a cosmetology course in college. I get to use her 40% discount card at MAC :).

What do you ladies do to remove your makeup? I know Dan's facewash step is way too short to remove all of it...do you just use normal makeup remover? Spend longer on washing your face? What worries me about the regimen is that there is no toning step, and I've been using toner ever since high school...

i dont use toner, but yeah i use like sensitive wipes to remove it, but mainly just my eye make up, then remove complete face with a flannel :s xx

concerning makeup, i like to use a brush because the application is faster for me. are you using dan's bp? that makes it easier, too. i think using a gel bp is much easier than a cream because it's less likely to make your foundation clump. i use extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover. lol.

Aw I used to use extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover nd loved it, it made my skin so soft and supple, but I think it gave me cystic pimples so I had to stop :( I'm not sure what a flannel is, like a cloth? I'm thinking I'll just shower in the evenings, that way I'll have some time to rinse off my face..

what might also help is clarisonic skin brush. you can get it at sephora..removes make up 6 times better, and gently exfoliates skin. im on the regimen, skin is clearing but lots of hyperpigmentation :( can't wait to not have to wear yucky liquid foundation on a daily basis.