Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twroush02

Tolerence from agne.org regimen

I have been using it for over a year now, and for the first eight months or so I have had noticeably clearer skin. Recently, within the last 3-6 months I have noticed it has become harder and harder to keep it clear. I am getting more and more pimples every month then ever before, especially on my cheaks and jawline areas. Should I change something up, like change to another face wash for a while? Maybe try the medibac from the dermalogica (sp?) line for a few months and then switch back to the acne.org product? Has anyone had this problem (longer term users) and found a solution? I was really pleased with the initial results but they are pretty much gone now and don't know what to do, it took me long enough to find the acne.org regimen that actually worked as promised.

It sounds like some tolerance issues. Maybe try Paula's Choice products for awhile - they are very good quality. Maybe you could also try sulfur to replace the BP. I initially started out with sulfur topical, then I developed a tolerance after about 6-8 months so I switch to BP and that works well. Just switch things up for awhile...

A good sulfur product is Neutrogena's adult acne tinted cream

I don't know if tolerance is truly the issue. I along with a lot of people have been using the regimen for many many years and still see fantastic results. I don't think you can really become tolerant to BP. That is at least what appears to be the consensus on this forum.

According to Dan on the FAQs:

"Propionibacterium Acnes (P. Acnes), the bacteria in acne lesions, can not survive in the presence of oxygen. BP creates oxygen. Therefore, it is physically impossible for this bacteria to develop a resistance. If the Regimen works at first, it should always work. "

link:

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#resistant