Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I'm going to be as extensive as possible in my first post, for the best advice.

acne type: mild

diet: lots of water (always), healthy foods (since a few days), probiotics (started 2 days ago), green tea (since today)

time on Dan's regimen: 18 days

First week: once a day, 1/2 - 3/4 pump BP, 1/2 moist

2nd week: twice a day, 1 pump BP, 1/2 - 3/4 moist

last few days: twice a day, 1.5 pump, 3/4 moist

It seems that my redness and flakiness got waaay worseis the last days. Got a little bit in the first week, 2nd week not so much, but all of a sudden it gets kinda worse and stings almost all the time. It started since i went from 1 pump to 1.5 pump.. is this to much for me or something? I noticed that there is a little redness when i put on the BP but when the moisturizer goes on it increased by 5x.

Actually no new acne forming for 3 days so obviously thats a good thing but the redness is killing me. And i know it is supposed to get red and flaky but this actually started in the 3rd week! So i read about some things that might help, like jojoba oil and even pee! But on the contrary Dan says not to mix in so many different steps (in the beginning?) since it can get very hard to discover where it might go wrong. So whats your advice here? Use some jojoba oil with dan's moist? Different moist like cetaphil? Use pee as moist instead of dan's????

Thanks in advance!

I would try the jojoba oil mixed in with the moisturizer to help with the flakiness. As for the irritation, you may have used too much too soon. Maybe cut it down to the 1 pump until the irritation is gone, stay with that for another week or two, then increase it if you still feel your skin should be clearer. It is a lot to apply to your skin (which is how this regimen is so different) and will take a while for your skin to get used to. But, if your skin doesn't clear up within a few days, I would stop using it completely until it clears up to prevent more irritation. I know irritated skin can be painful and embarrasing... :(

I would try the jojoba oil mixed in with the moisturizer to help with the flakiness. As for the irritation, you may have used too much too soon. Maybe cut it down to the 1 pump until the irritation is gone, stay with that for another week or two, then increase it if you still feel your skin should be clearer. It is a lot to apply to your skin (which is how this regimen is so different) and will take a while for your skin to get used to. But, if your skin doesn't clear up within a few days, I would stop using it completely until it clears up to prevent more irritation. I know irritated skin can be painful and embarrasing... :(

I completely agree. Back off a bit and give your skin time to adjust. Redness is a sign of irritation, which means that your skin is getting more than it can handle right now.

i agree with easing up on the BP!

i'm in my 7th week and I'm barely on 1 and 1/2 pumps of it.

you really need to move slow with it. Hope this helps

So, day 24 now.

I tried skipping some morning routines, and it helped! Redness went away and skin looked much better. BUT, some zits were forming a few days later so i started again twice a day, still a bit irritating and red but less than before. I want to follow the instructions of Dan to ramp up the dosage (now using little bit more than 1 pump) but i know for sure that it will irritate. Though maybe that's just something to push trough and bite my lips for a few days?

Any more tips are very welcome! Pics are coming soon

Hi all,

I'm going to be as extensive as possible in my first post, for the best advice.

acne type: mild

diet: lots of water (always), healthy foods (since a few days), probiotics (started 2 days ago), green tea (since today)

time on Dan's regimen: 18 days

First week: once a day, 1/2 - 3/4 pump BP, 1/2 moist

2nd week: twice a day, 1 pump BP, 1/2 - 3/4 moist

last few days: twice a day, 1.5 pump, 3/4 moist

It seems that my redness and flakiness got waaay worseis the last days. Got a little bit in the first week, 2nd week not so much, but all of a sudden it gets kinda worse and stings almost all the time. It started since i went from 1 pump to 1.5 pump.. is this to much for me or something? I noticed that there is a little redness when i put on the BP but when the moisturizer goes on it increased by 5x.

Actually no new acne forming for 3 days so obviously thats a good thing but the redness is killing me. And i know it is supposed to get red and flaky but this actually started in the 3rd week! So i read about some things that might help, like jojoba oil and even pee! But on the contrary Dan says not to mix in so many different steps (in the beginning?) since it can get very hard to discover where it might go wrong. So whats your advice here? Use some jojoba oil with dan's moist? Different moist like cetaphil? Use pee as moist instead of dan's????

Thanks in advance!

Please don't put urine on your face that is a myth!!!!!

Jojoba oil or moisturizer on a BP treated face is only going to make your redness worse. BP is the one that is causing the redness in the first place..

Does dan's moisturizer contain any salysilic acid, glycolic acid, oils, benzoyl peroxide or alcohols? Let me know.

adam

Nope it doesn't i guess... why?

Redness still isn't away or less and it's day 25 already... is this normal? Btw, the redness is only around my mouth (i don't use BP on my cheeks since they don't break out).

Your supposed to cover your whole face with BP, problem area or not. Sounds like even with 1 pump you're overdoing it since you said you don't cover your cheeks with BP...that means you're using one pump (or more) for, what I'm gonna assume, is just your forehead, nose, chin, and above your mouth. That's like half your face since your cheeks do have a lot of surface area. It's like you're already using two pumps since you're not covering the whole face. Imagine if you actually went to two pumps...that's like 4x as much product than you need.

IMO, cut back on the BP. If you're still not convinced to cover your full face, than use only half a pump for whatever areas you do cover in BP. The DK regimen was never meant to be used as a spot treatment.

FWIW, 1 pump is more than enough for my entire face to be caked with BP (which is why the treatment works).

Good luck on the treatment! :)

True, but i really don't see the point of smearing it on places that don't brake out anyway. Waste of money i think.. Anyway i think you got a point and it's something i realised just a day ago.. I'm now using 1,25 pump for around my mouth nose and forehead. Redness is almost gone btw! Flakiness is still there. But is using to much BP harmful?