Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm tired of dealing with acne. Errr. :(

It never seems to get better.. & when it does, I just break out all over again. I've been on the regimen nearly 2 months & I was hoping I would see a lot more improvement.. Or at least not be breaking out every week. Everyone says "you have to figure out what's right for your skin".. But I have NO idea what to do anymore. If I don't use much BP, I break out. If I use too much, I break out because my skin's so dry, & no amount of moisturizer, jojoba oil, or anything will help. I just can't seem to find the perfect balance & it's really getting irritating. :wall:

I really don't want to look bad for my best friend's wedding. :(

This worked for me but I don't know if it will work for any one else. how about not doing anything all together? As soon as I stopped using all of the crazy products my skin just healed itself, maybe I was lucky but it may be worth a shot

i was in the same boat as you.....the regimine cleared me up significantly, but i was still having breakouts and dry skin......i switched cleansers and got a prescription for duac......if you dont wanna go to the derm maybe you could try upping the percentage of bp, without using the quantity of bp that dan reccomends. hope you find something that works.

This worked for me but I don't know if it will work for any one else. how about not doing anything all together? As soon as I stopped using all of the crazy products my skin just healed itself, maybe I was lucky but it may be worth a shot

I've actually considered doing this.. But I don't know. I'm scared to. :(

But then I think.. Maybe all the products are what's causing it in the first place. :shrug:

i was in the same boat as you.....the regimine cleared me up significantly, but i was still having breakouts and dry skin......i switched cleansers and got a prescription for duac......if you dont wanna go to the derm maybe you could try upping the percentage of bp, without using the quantity of bp that dan reccomends. hope you find something that works.

I would LOVE to go to the derm.. Just can't afford it. Hopefully I'll figure something out. :( I need some good results! That last.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I know exactly how you feel. I seriously wanted to give up and felt completely hopeless. And I couldn't do the BP anymore because it would just leave my skin itchy and red all the time. I'm trying to heal the natural way and honestly my skin feels/looks better than it did before. You should try it and compare the results.

i know how u feel cuz i have the same problem... acne with dan's regimen (but alot less), acne with a simple cleanser+moisturizer.. i will probably continue dan's regimen for a couple more weeks but if that doesn't work, then i'll just stop using anything... maybe except for a moisturizer/sunscreen and see how that goes

I'm tired of dealing with acne. Errr. :(

It never seems to get better.. & when it does, I just break out all over again. I've been on the regimen nearly 2 months & I was hoping I would see a lot more improvement.. Or at least not be breaking out every week. Everyone says "you have to figure out what's right for your skin".. But I have NO idea what to do anymore. If I don't use much BP, I break out. If I use too much, I break out because my skin's so dry, & no amount of moisturizer, jojoba oil, or anything will help. I just can't seem to find the perfect balance & it's really getting irritating. :wall:

I really don't want to look bad for my best friend's wedding. :(

I know how you feel amykins, I'm in the same boat as you. Everyday since last week, I've been waking up to NEW pimples, around my jawline, chin, eye brows (WTF) and right below my chin. They are not as hurtful but some are and some have a pink color with white, puss(?) heads. While I have been on the regimen for a month, not as long as you, I think you should continue because SO many people have had success, esp in their 3-5 months of use. Although I feel very discouraged at the moment too. I HATE walking in public now, I feel I have MORE bumps than I did before I started. I'm just tired of the breakouts everyday. In all fairness though, it is getting rid of those white bumps I've been bitching about along my left cheek, in between brows and jawline.

So, keep it up and I will as well, let's see how it goes. :clap::D

I know exactly how you feel. I seriously wanted to give up and felt completely hopeless. And I couldn't do the BP anymore because it would just leave my skin itchy and red all the time. I'm trying to heal the natural way and honestly my skin feels/looks better than it did before. You should try it and compare the results.

My skin's not itchy or red, just dry.. Not BAD dry, just constantly flaking. :(

I've thought about just leaving it alone, but I'm scared to.. This is my second time trying the regimen, & there were many months in between that I didn't use anything on my face.. I just went through different cleansers, & nothing seemed to work - My face looked really bad. I guess I would rather have much clearer skin that's dry than tons of break-outs. :shrug: I'm giving it a few months before I give up completely.

i know how u feel cuz i have the same problem... acne with dan's regimen (but alot less), acne with a simple cleanser+moisturizer.. i will probably continue dan's regimen for a couple more weeks but if that doesn't work, then i'll just stop using anything... maybe except for a moisturizer/sunscreen and see how that goes

Yeah, I'm going to stick it out for a few months before I give up on it completely.. It has helped a lot.. I'm just SO tired of having flakey skin. :(

I know how you feel amykins, I'm in the same boat as you. Everyday since last week, I've been waking up to NEW pimples, around my jawline, chin, eye brows (WTF) and right below my chin. They are not as hurtful but some are and some have a pink color with white, puss(?) heads. While I have been on the regimen for a month, not as long as you, I think you should continue because SO many people have had success, esp in their 3-5 months of use. Although I feel very discouraged at the moment too. I HATE walking in public now, I feel I have MORE bumps than I did before I started. I'm just tired of the breakouts everyday. In all fairness though, it is getting rid of those white bumps I've been bitching about along my left cheek, in between brows and jawline.

So, keep it up and I will as well, let's see how it goes. :clap::D

Yeah, I was still having breakouts around my 3rd & 4th weeks.. & then the worst one I got was at 6 weeks. Now, on my 8th week.. I have a few on my jawline, but only one that's actually hurting, the others are almost healed up.. & I have a pretty big one on my cheek, that I'm just sure is the result of picking. -- During my 6th week I broke out in the same place REALLY bad.. I had about 2 or 3 under-the-skin bumps that I would pop (not easy).. Then they would scab over, but I would pick the scab off & they would pop again.. Bad idea! Since I picked at the area so much, I'm still getting pretty large pimples there. :( If I had just left it alone, I'm sure it would be a lot better..

Definitely learned my lesson & I'm done with all the picking.

Like you, I've broken out A LOT on my chin & jawline.. When I break out on my cheeks, it's usually towards the top, or by my ears/hairline. Never towards the center of my face. :shrug: weird.

But anyway.. Right now my face looks okay, minus those few pimples.. It's just soo dry. :( & it's really bothering me. Going out in public sucks, especially on bad skin days. I've kinda been staying home lately, trying not to wear much make-up so my skin can heal.

But yep!.. Gotta keep it up. I've gone this far, I'm definitely not quitting now. I was just feeling really, really frustrated last night. :doubt:

another thing my dermatologist told me was that you have to treat acne from the inside out....focusing only on topical will only work so much...i kind of believe this because she prescribed me antibiotics, that i only took for 30 days, and since then i have put less topical medication on my skin and have had waaaay less breakouts. I never realized that so much emphais was placed on internal treatment......

another thing my dermatologist told me was that you have to treat acne from the inside out....focusing only on topical will only work so much...i kind of believe this because she prescribed me antibiotics, that i only took for 30 days, and since then i have put less topical medication on my skin and have had waaaay less breakouts. I never realized that so much emphais was placed on internal treatment......

Yeah, but I can't go to the dermatologist, so... This is all I can do for a while. :(

Yeah, I'm going to stick it out for a few months before I give up on it completely.. It has helped a lot.. I'm just SO tired of having flakey skin. :(

ya, when i first started my face was RED and flaky but now in my 3rd week, my skin does not really flake anymore. :) the only thing is that it takes too much time to put bp then wait then moisturize, etc so im really considering quitting the regimen once my i run out of the stuff... but i hope my acne will be gone by then! i hope

I am all for the 'not doing anything' regimen.

I really screwed up my face by using so much crap, but just not interfering with it has been the best thing overall for me. I still get some acne and i got loads of red marks still, but the whole feel of my skin just seems better now.

I am all for the 'not doing anything' regimen.

I really screwed up my face by using so much crap, but just not interfering with it has been the best thing overall for me. I still get some acne and i got loads of red marks still, but the whole feel of my skin just seems better now.

Yeah, I'm letting my skin rest for a few days.. I can't just not do anything because I know it'll get worse (I went about.. six months without doing anything).. But for the next few days I'm not using any BP.. I want my skin to feel normal again. When I start back using it I'm not going to use much at all.

I mean really.. TWO pumps? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

ya, when i first started my face was RED and flaky but now in my 3rd week, my skin does not really flake anymore. :) the only thing is that it takes too much time to put bp then wait then moisturize, etc so im really considering quitting the regimen once my i run out of the stuff... but i hope my acne will be gone by then! i hope

My face hasn't really gotten red that much.. & when it did it was on my 5th week or so.. Kind of random & out of nowhere. :shrug: It didn't last, though.

But I do have some advice for you! If the regimen clears you up don't stop!! I cannot stress this enough. I was on Benzaclin for over a year.. It cleared me up completely, I moved away from home, stopping going to the derm., so I stopped using it.. & what do you know.. I broke out again within the next month & I've had acne ever since (this was in 2006).

So if this works for you, just keep it up.. Trust me, you'll be glad. :)