Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why Jay

Irritated lips.

I just started on the regimen and it seems to be working fairly well. I've been experiencing the expected redness and irritation on my face (very little). The one thing that is bothering be a LOT is the irritation on and around my lips. It seems to be much more red than any other part of my face and it seems to be the driest. It's so bad that when I open my mouth wide (causing my lips to stretch out), it hurts and I can feel the sensation of my skin ripping. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what can I do to make it better?

It's only gotten worse now. It's EXTREMELY dry now, and it's hard to eat because when I open my mouth even the slightest bit, it hurts and cracks. I've started to avoid the mouth area completely when applying BP. What can I do to make this better quickly?

you've probably already tried petroleum jelly .. i've used palmer's cocoa butter stick, which really helped when my lips were cracked.

Well, I realized it's not all my lips. It's mostly the skin surrounding my lips. It gets extremely irritated and cracks, even with the slightest movement. I've applied some medicated chap stick to the lips, and some moisturizer to the surrounding area. I'll see what happens.

Number one rule..AVOID the mouth/lip area! You will regret it and i did regret it. I, too had this problem. The reason why you get all dry there is because it starts off with your cleanser. When you cleanse your face, avoid that area. But what really makes it dry is your BP. I'm stupid for this, but I applied BP around my mouth/lips area. It got so dried and chapped, right when I applied dans moisturizer, it burned like 'hell'. And that's what I had, a "Chemical Burn". It was dark/red around the corner of my mouth. But, it gradually went away in 2 weeks. (This was on my 2nd week on dan's regimen). When you cleanse and use BP, avoid the mouth area. I suggest using aloe vera gel around the area to calm down the dryness and burning.

Number one rule..AVOID the mouth/lip area! You will regret it and i did regret it. I, too had this problem. The reason why you get all dry there is because it starts off with your cleanser. When you cleanse your face, avoid that area. But what really makes it dry is your BP. I'm stupid for this, but I applied BP around my mouth/lips area. It got so dried and chapped, right when I applied dans moisturizer, it burned like 'hell'. And that's what I had, a "Chemical Burn". It was dark/red around the corner of my mouth. But, it gradually went away in 2 weeks. (This was on my 2nd week on dan's regimen). When you cleanse and use BP, avoid the mouth area. I suggest using aloe vera gel around the area to calm down the dryness and burning.

Yeah, I'm getting exactly what you described. That "chemical burn" feeling. I started avoiding the mouth area already. Thanks for the advice.

hi, also it helps if you put jojoba or petroleum jelly around your lips and mouth BEFORE applying the bp and that should help protect those areas. I also like to put jojoba oil around my eye area and on my hands before I handle and apply the BP.

good luck

Thank you, everyone for your advices. I've been avoiding my mouth area completely and applying the moisturizer from the regimen around my lip area (and also Vaseline lip therapy) and it's a whole lot better than before. I can actually open my mouth wide without the skin cracking like crazy.

I've been using the regimen since Friday night and I have had burning mouth area. I used a petroleum based lip balm to stop my lips drying out which worked.

My top lip and nose area is still a little sore but mainly because its dry. I'm getting used to it though, only really notice it when I smoke and my lips pout, wrinkling the skin.

Absolutely wrecked after I shaved though lol, had to pile on the moisturiser. No more shaving for me! Im gonna go grizzly for the next few months I reckon.