Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metrochick

it's been more than a month..

ok so it's been more than a month (i think it's actually been 6 weeks in total) that i have been on the dan's regime using dan's products. I got onto it because i seem to be getting constant breakouts on my chin and wanted something simple and that actually worked.

well simple was out of the question since living in a humid country means i have to take at least 30 mins ++ for my entire regime (15 mins for BP to completely dry another 10-15 for the moisturizer) before i can even think about putting on my sunblock on.

anyway i've been patient and working up my doses reeaaaalllly slowly after experiencing some extreme peeling and stinging (i followed some of the advice i received here to use half a pump of BP once a day for at least 2 weeks). I did it for 3 weeks. Now i'm working up to a full pump and i can feel the same familiar stinging when i put on the moisturizer. my chin is peeling like a snake's skin and i am BREAKING OUT in that area on an average of 2 cystic pimples every week!!!!!!

dan/dan's staff/all you success stories out there, please help! or at least please give me some motivation to keep on this regime because i'm kinda dishearten at the moment..

Well, I feel ya. I am about 4.5 weeks into using the regimen, and I am having the worst cysts on my chin. Ones I have never experienced before. They are taking a long time to to away, and they seem to appear in clusters, all deep under the surface of my skin. Its pretty miserable. When I first started the regimen, the first week and a half were great, but the last 2 weeks have been steadily getting worse. I am just hoping that if I wait it out, and keep sticking to it, that sometime in the next 4 weeks, my acne will be gone! .... and I don't live in a very humid climate, that would be a bit annoying. Good Luck

Casey

metrochick, please DO NOT give up. When I started the regimen, I saw gradual improvement and then BOOM, I would get a few big breakouts that would frustrate the heck out of me. Even after two and a half months, when my skin seemed to be improving, I got one of the most embarrassing break outs of my life. I wondered if I should quit, since the regimen seemed like a hassle at the time and I was also in a humid climate.

But after 4 months my skin was finally perfect and it has been ever since. It feels incredible. It took a while for it to completely clear my skin, but believe me it is worth it in the end. Stick with the regimen exactly and you will be very happy eventually. It might feel like a long haul, but it's totally worthwhile.

metrochick, please DO NOT give up. When I started the regimen, I saw gradual improvement and then BOOM, I would get a few big breakouts that would frustrate the heck out of me. Even after two and a half months, when my skin seemed to be improving, I got one of the most embarrassing break outs of my life. I wondered if I should quit, since the regimen seemed like a hassle at the time and I was also in a humid climate.

But after 4 months my skin was finally perfect and it has been ever since. It feels incredible. It took a while for it to completely clear my skin, but believe me it is worth it in the end. Stick with the regimen exactly and you will be very happy eventually. It might feel like a long haul, but it's totally worthwhile.

hey thanks for the encouragement. do you mind sharing your facial regime (what do u do in the morning and at night to your face?)

Well, I feel ya. I am about 4.5 weeks into using the regimen, and I am having the worst cysts on my chin. Ones I have never experienced before. They are taking a long time to to away, and they seem to appear in clusters, all deep under the surface of my skin. Its pretty miserable. When I first started the regimen, the first week and a half were great, but the last 2 weeks have been steadily getting worse. I am just hoping that if I wait it out, and keep sticking to it, that sometime in the next 4 weeks, my acne will be gone! .... and I don't live in a very humid climate, that would be a bit annoying. Good Luck

Casey

DITTO!!!!!! I'm currently on my 4th week and they're like all clustered around the right and left side of my mouth/jaw. I'm tired of it, but won't give up! Not yet! :shifty:

ohmygod i'm at work and just realised looking into the mirror just now my whole chin is peeling like snake! yukk! and i've got no moisturizer with me in the office. guess i just have to hide in my little corner until the day ends. sighhhhh this is horrible and gosh i hope i see some improvements soon. :(

for those who have had success with the regimine, does the dryness and peeling ever get better? i'm not so much concerned about purging and breakouts before it gets better, but i'm really worried about the peeling.