Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiveAM

anyone else try this?

Hey guys, so weird thing happened to me. After 3 separate accutane treatments, i still had pretty bad acne, and was pretty much giving up on EVER being clear without it. Then I took an IgG antibody food allergy test for unrelated reasons and found out I had food allergies. I cut those foods out and my acne decreased severely! It didn't go away completely, but reduced to what I call "normal peoples acne." I don't know why this is, and I won't pretend to, and I don't know if this would apply to anyone else, but it did happen to me. Anyway, so with my skin being clearer then ever, I got spoiled, and decided that I wanted to be 100% clear, not 95% clear, so I decided to go back on the regimen.

I haven't been on the regimen since I had severe, severe, SEVERE acne on my face, chest and neck, and so when I tried it then I wasn't particularly concerned with it making my face red. Now, however, even if I do nothing, I only have a few pimples here and there, so I was very unhappy to have a tomato red face after my first day on the regimen.

Since I have very sensitive, fair skin, I decided to cut out the cleanser and just rinse with water. then instead of the moisturizer i used jojoba oil, nothing else- just the jojoba oil. I slathered it all over my face BEFORE I put the bp treatment on. then, after a minute or so, I layered on the bp. This got rid of my redness! I thought that putting the oil on first might inhibit the absorption of the bp, but it hasn't changed the effectiveness for me, all it changed was the red uncomfortable state of my face. My skin feels oily for a little while after wards, but it absorbs in about 20 minutes for me, which is fine because it takes me at least twice that to get ready for work in the morning.

I'm not recommending this for everyone, because I don't know if it will work for everyone, but it worked for me and I wondered if anyone else tried it.