Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
francissulivan

Mixing BP and Salicylic Acid

Hello everyone,

I just had a question about mixing BP and Salicylic acid.

I am currently on a personal regimen which consists of SpectroGel as a cleanser followed by BP 5% and an oil free moisturizer.

Tonight I was going do the same thing, of course, but I noticed that I was out of the Moisturizer that I normally use. What I do have is "Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer." Basically it mosturises and fights acne at the same time. The only problem I have with it is that it contains Salicylic Acid. I've never Mixed BP and SA before and I really don't want to just try it tonight and wake up with a breakout. So should I mix the two?

If you guys could help me out it and give me advice on what to do I would greatly appreciate it!

-S

I shouldn't think the mixing of BP and Salicylic acid should cause any problems, the amount of SA in ''Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer'' is small, so i wouldn't worry about that. The problem is that as a moisturizer is is fairly useless, so you might experience some dryness, but don't worry about the SA, I did a bit of googleing (sp?) and as far as is known they don't react.