Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chultzy

My cure! Milk-free! Please read!

I have had severe hormonal, cystic acne for about 7 years now. I am a 23 yr old female, and I just about had it last month when I kept getting new "under the skin" breakouts. I have tried every remedy and medication except for accutane. I did some research about diet and found out that many people have allergic reactions to milk but do not know it. If you are prone to acne, this reaction can occur on your face. The abbundance of hormones in cow milk can block the glands in your face, causing breakouts. I love milk and drink a lot of it, but was willing to do ANYTHING> So I gave it a try. I have been drinking Soy Milk instead of milk for 1 month. I only have had ONE pimple since I stopped drinking milk. I am amazed that this worked but also stunned that this has been the cause this whole time and I didn't know. This may not work for some people, and for some there could be other dietary causes of acne such as wheat, sugar, etc. However, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. My skin is looking great! I think it is worth a try! Good luck!

A friend of mine told me that she read a story about milk causing acne. I was like you...willing to do whatever it took to rid my face of acne. Even though I love milk, I gave it up going on three weeks ago. Do you know that my skin has never been so clear? Before I gave up milk I had cystic acne that would never clear up. I have been on countless medicines and have spent thousands of dollars at the derm's office. Nothing has worked like giving up milk. I cannot say enough how doing this has cleared my skin. I don't even think I'm going to give organic milk a try...I'm too scared. I do know, though, that regular milk is never going to become a staple in my diet. I'm also thinking of switching to a primarily organic diet. It's become apparent to me all the hormones pumped into the food we eat.

I hope people understand that MILK MAKES ACNE WORSE!

I haven't had milk since the age of 12 because I'm severely lactose intolerant. I still got bad acne! If only it were that easy for everyone.

I'm really glad you found out what was causing your breakouts, though! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out! I'd be careful about cheeses, too.

A friend of mine told me that she read a story about milk causing acne. I was like you...willing to do whatever it took to rid my face of acne. Even though I love milk, I gave it up going on three weeks ago. Do you know that my skin has never been so clear? Before I gave up milk I had cystic acne that would never clear up. I have been on countless medicines and have spent thousands of dollars at the derm's office. Nothing has worked like giving up milk. I cannot say enough how doing this has cleared my skin. I don't even think I'm going to give organic milk a try...I'm too scared. I do know, though, that regular milk is never going to become a staple in my diet. I'm also thinking of switching to a primarily organic diet. It's become apparent to me all the hormones pumped into the food we eat.

I hope people understand that MILK MAKES ACNE WORSE!

A friend said recently that it is more of a cumulative effect with dietary choices and acne, this is true. I'm usually fine with a half-glass of milk, but if I were to have this multiple times over a few days I would definitely run into problems. Other foods break me out besides milk. The only way I cleared up and felt good was to stop following the diet advice of others and find out which foods in what portions are problematic for me. I've since found my tolerance for everything from cake and pasta to custard and red meat. Everything in varying degrees. I actually have lost weight this way because I don't feel limited and therefore stressed (which can lead to over-eating, even healthy foods like carrots and eggs).

Experiment! Never eat too much of anything and try new things.