Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
truckg

Orange Skin from Aczone Gel (dapsone) in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide Topical

Allergan (makers of Aczone) warn that using Aczone in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide topicals can leave the face temporarily orange/yellow-ish at the locations of application. Allergan specifically says to avoid benzoyl peroxide products while using Aczone. (I wonder if they mean during the same application only, and whether using each topical at separate times and on a clean face at different times a day would be okay)

See this link: http://www.aczone.com/why_aczone/safety.aspx

I made the mistake of using both at the same time, and now, sure enough, I have orangey/yellow looking skin where I applied the BP. I wasn't aware of this issue beforehand (and neither was my derm, apparently, who suggested I use both topicals at the same time). Is this just skin irritation?

Anyone else have this problem? Any idea how long the discoloration can last?

wow thats not good cause the yellowing can last for about a week or two! but its okay it will go away, while your using aczone at all, do not ever apply benzoyl peroxide, even when you washed your face, because their will always be very small amounts left on the skin. so either stick to one or the other, hope this helps

well i use BP wash 5% and wait about 5 mins before applying aczone on and i dont any probelm with it, but yea it tells you on the lil paper inside the box that it will cause orange/yellowish skin tone if used right after or before putting aczone on, but the good thing is that it will go away in a few weeks.

well i use BP wash 5% and wait about 5 mins before applying aczone on and i dont any probelm with it, but yea it tells you on the lil paper inside the box that it will cause orange/yellowish skin tone if used right after or before putting aczone on, but the good thing is that it will go away in a few weeks.

How long did you all have to wait before you started seeing results with aczone. I've only been on it a week, but hopefully I have something to look forward too. Also, was there an initial breakout period?