Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

My name is Danny and I have been on isotretnoin for about 8 weeks now. I need some help in how to take my tablets. I am on 60 mg a day. I take one 20mg tablet in the morning, one in the afternoon and the last at night. I dont know what the reccomended or most effective way of taking them?

Do I take all 3 tablets at the same time everyday or take 2 in the morning and the last at night??

When I started my course I was taking 40 mg a day. I would swallow both tablets in the morning, but noticed a massive breakout, then my skin calmed by week 3 and my face started looking better. Being on 60 mg now, I worry because I haven't seen a breakout and my face hasn't got any better, but just the same or if not a little worse.

Thanks for all your help in advance

Danny

Be a good idea to ask your Derm.

However I was told to try and take them at even intervals. So by that you'd want to take one pill every 8 hours, obviously you're not going to want to get up at midnight. So one at 7 or 8 one at 3 and one at 10 or something to that effect would probably be better than taking them all at once.

abadger, thanks for the advice. I have just been mixing with combinations the last month. The last 2 weeks, I have been taking 40 mg in the morning and 20 at night. I will go back to breaking it down as you mentioned from tomorrow, and hopefully the reason why it has been getting worse lately may be due to a break out that will eventually calm down.

Thanks for your time

Danny

Hi Danny!

I am on going to be on the same dose as you and I was for my first course as well. My derm told me to take two in the morning then one at night. Then the next day, one in the morning and two at night. Then the day after that, two in the morning one at night, ect. She said switching it like that has a higher success rate, but I don't really know. I just follow her instructions. I was clear after my first month, so she definitely wasn't wrong.

Thanks Sarah, I am definetly going to try these ideas out and try and find the best routine. I have taken 2 this morning and 1 this evening so tomorrow I will switch it....see how it rides out I suppose. Thanks again!

Danny