Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riotgirl

using Differin and Clindamycin..no results

On February 14th my Derm prescribed Differin 0.1% gel and Clindamycin Phosphate (which looks like a bingo dopper). It has almost been a month and I have not seen much happening.

First off I prepared myself for my skin to purge but that hasn't happened. No redness, dryness, burning, etc.

I am still breaking out the same as before and it takes around 4 days to go away. I have started getting little bumps which turn white (assuming they are called white heads) which I never got before. If I pop them then they turn cystic and take forever to go away so I just sit on my hands and wait for them to heal. :whistle:

The woman who does my facials told me to use Elemis SOS cream every night to help minimize the effects of the dryness, redness from the Differin and I am guessing it works since my skin looks completely normal.

Do I need to give my routine more time or should I be contacting my Derm to see if I should be taking something a little stronger.

I have noticed that my skin has this insane shine to it. People comment all the time now telling me that my skin looks dewy. Honestly its really dewy! Is that normal?????

Advice please????

Thanks!

Routine:

morning cleanse with DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel

followed up by Clinique All About Eyes

Clindamycin Phosphate

DDF Dramatic Radiance TRF Cream Moisturizer

Revercel Sunscreen SPF 45 tinted foundation

Evening:

Cleanse with DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel

followed up by Clinique All About Eyes

Differin 0.1% gel

Elemis S.O.S. Emergency Cream (super moisturizer) so I won't dry out.

I used this same routine: Differin 0.1% gel and Clindamycin Phosphate and it did not work for me. My experience with the Clindaymycin was the same as yours: "I have noticed that my skin has this insane shine to it". My skin would gloss over in a matter of 30 minutes after application. Makeup wouldn't even stay put.

:dance: I've had better results with 0.1% Retin A cream and Panoxyl 10% Benz cream. However, I should mention that the Panoxyl cream is very drying so use a good liberal coating of moisturizer with it.

Thanks Cln!

Finally now I know it's not just me who has this god awful shine!!!

My make up slides all over my face. If I barely touch it its all over my hands. ARGH!

How odd!

Thanks again.

I used this same routine: Differin 0.1% gel and Clindamycin Phosphate and it did not work for me. My experience with the Clindaymycin was the same as yours: "I have noticed that my skin has this insane shine to it". My skin would gloss over in a matter of 30 minutes after application. Makeup wouldn't even stay put.

:dance: I've had better results with 0.1% Retin A cream and Panoxyl 10% Benz cream. However, I should mention that the Panoxyl cream is very drying so use a good liberal coating of moisturizer with it.