Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newlife23

i will be having SCAR EXCISION..

I WILL BE having a scar excision on march 23 by a doctor named dr.valerio, i am from PHILIPPINES and i will have it done on a reputable hospital (st.lukes).. i've been hearing bad and good reviews in the said procedure... i really dont have many scars but i have few in my temple area which look really big,, i have one with like a 12 mm in size which bothers me the most.. it depresses me alot everytime i look in the mirror.. i prayed hard to GOD everyday.. i hope that the excision will help me... the doctor who will perform this is a very reputable doctor im really wishing that this will help me

i talked to my doctor yesterday and told him what i have read about the excision, about the negative stuffs like making your scar look larger and wider, he told me that there are instacces like that if your doctor is not good enough, a 2 way stitch has to be performed wherein you have this inside stich and the closing of the excise scar must be perfectly done! and with those your excised scar will be pretty much ok,,, im really counting on this one... before he told me he's going to excise like 9 scars but now only 5 or 6.. coz if you excise scars that are close to each other the recovery of the skin will look pretty bad coz there is a tendency of the wound to open.. so i should take at least 3 mos interval befor taking the other surgery,,, after all the big scars exscised i will be having a chemical peel and a dermaroller for furnishing, i got this 4 big scars which are noticeable and the rest are not so after that big scars excised im gonna be ok. im really counting on this one i hope this will have a great imprvemnt on me,,,

I wish you luck and I hope the procedure gives you the results you hope for. :)

The two levels of stitches aren't necessarily needed only because of the skill of the doctor; the face is a naturally mobile site and much movement can cause impaired healing because of the stretching of the skin against the sutures. That can cause a premature opening of the site before it is completely healed, thus causing a worsened scar. So try to avoid making lots of facial expressions and consider even asking your doc about botox in the nearby areas to lessen tugging on the incision site via normal facial expressions. Your doc might not agree but it won't hurt to ask.

i talked to my doctor yesterday and told him what i have read about the excision, about the negative stuffs like making your scar look larger and wider, he told me that there are instacces like that if your doctor is not good enough, a 2 way stitch has to be performed wherein you have this inside stich and the closing of the excise scar must be perfectly done! and with those your excised scar will be pretty much ok,,, im really counting on this one... before he told me he's going to excise like 9 scars but now only 5 or 6.. coz if you excise scars that are close to each other the recovery of the skin will look pretty bad coz there is a tendency of the wound to open.. so i should take at least 3 mos interval befor taking the other surgery,,, after all the big scars exscised i will be having a chemical peel and a dermaroller for furnishing, i got this 4 big scars which are noticeable and the rest are not so after that big scars excised im gonna be ok. im really counting on this one i hope this will have a great imprvemnt on me,,,

i think i'l ask him before he performs the excision.. i'll be meeting him again in march23 and i'l try asking that... thanks! i will try not to make some facial expression i swear! how about 2 weeks of avoiding it?

I wish you luck and I hope the procedure gives you the results you hope for. :)

The two levels of stitches aren't necessarily needed only because of the skill of the doctor; the face is a naturally mobile site and much movement can cause impaired healing because of the stretching of the skin against the sutures. That can cause a premature opening of the site before it is completely healed, thus causing a worsened scar. So try to avoid making lots of facial expressions and consider even asking your doc about botox in the nearby areas to lessen tugging on the incision site via normal facial expressions. Your doc might not agree but it won't hurt to ask.

think i'l ask him before he performs the excision.. i'll be meeting him again in march23 and i'l try asking that... thanks! i will try not to make some facial expression i swear! how about 2 weeks of avoiding it?

i think not smoking will greatly help in recovering from the excision.. coz smoking inhibits the skin from regenerating or healing itself! good thing i've stopped smoking like 6 mos ago! and i've been eating fruits rich in vit c i hope this one helps... i'll inform you as soon as after the surgery

The main thing is how good a healer you are. Do you normally heal well to cuts?

I had a large scar excision recently on my neck and I am very pleased with the results. But I'm caucasian and I've always been a very good healer.

After my surgery, it was covered with porous tape for 2 weeks to restrict movement and stretching of the neck area. A week after that, I started wearing silicon for 12-16 hours per day to help the healing.

I am very happy with the improvement and will be doing more in future.

Good luck.

The main thing is how good a healer you are. Do you normally heal well to cuts?

I had a large scar excision recently on my neck and I am very pleased with the results. But I'm caucasian and I've always been a very good healer.

After my surgery, it was covered with porous tape for 2 weeks to restrict movement and stretching of the neck area. A week after that, I started wearing silicon for 12-16 hours per day to help the healing.

I am very happy with the improvement and will be doing more in future.

Good luck.

i dont know but im drinking supplements like vit.c im really desperate now.. i've been praying a lot.. i got 4 big scars i want to get excised.. im hoping on this

My experience is on here. I had 5 done- all in the smile lines around my mouth/chin area... so lots of movement. My Dr. was a professional cosmetic surgeon. I was told he did an amazing job by another surgeon (friend) after the procedure. However, I'm not pleased w the results- just not the improvement I'd hoped for- even though I was warned not to expect much.

I'm still scheduled to have spot dermabrasion over the areas, but now that I'm finally healed (5 months), I'm not anxious to go have my face torn up again. The recovery was longer than I expected- my scars turn dark, so I had a long time where it looked like I'd been in a cat fight. I had hoped for FLAT areas, but I still have indentations- just less deep and more long than round.

Maybe the spot dermabrasion will smooth them out... I'm so tired of throwing money away. I wish you good luck with yours- you will most likely have improvement- and any percentage of improvement is good. Just don't go in expecting to wake up with flawless skin

i think i'l ask him before he performs the excision.. i'll be meeting him again in march23 and i'l try asking that... thanks! i will try not to make some facial expression i swear! how about 2 weeks of avoiding it?

I had subcision done yesterday by my dermatologist on numerous rolling scars on my left and right cheeks. The rolling scars on my right cheeks were very, very deep.

Today, I woke up with virtually no bruising and very little swelling. My complexion looks like it used to look before I had my cystic acne. My doctor also did the TCA Cross Method on several ice pick scars on my face.

Before I had both procedures done yesterday, I was taking 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C and 50 mg of Zinc each day.

I am very happy with the results I've seen so far. I know that once the swelling goes down the results may not look as good as they do right now. I will, however, plan on having a second round of subcision followed by the Pearl Laser later this year.

I would encourage you not to go back to smoking as this will destroy collagen in your skin and make your complexion look worse.

I wish you well with your procedure. Please post pictures if you can.

I had subcision done yesterday by my dermatologist on numerous rolling scars on my left and right cheeks. The rolling scars on my right cheeks were very, very deep.

Today, I woke up with virtually no bruising and very little swelling. My complexion looks like it used to look before I had my cystic acne. My doctor also did the TCA Cross Method on several ice pick scars on my face.

Before I had both procedures done yesterday, I was taking 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C and 50 mg of Zinc each day.

I am very happy with the results I've seen so far. I know that once the swelling goes down the results may not look as good as they do right now. I will, however, plan on having a second round of subcision followed by the Pearl Laser later this year.

I would encourage you not to go back to smoking as this will destroy collagen in your skin and make your complexion look worse.

I wish you well with your procedure. Please post pictures if you can.

thank you for that info. march 23 is nearing.... i have had a roller coaster emotion on this one, i had 2nd thoughts but finally came up with a decision of pursuing it,,,

.. it's better to try than not to do anything at all....

i wish you much of luck with your subcision! godbless you!