Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justwantittogoaway

Quick question about Benzaclin?

Hi,

I'm new here but not new to acne. I'm 17, and have moderate acne. I've tried pretty much every OTC acne product on the market--an the "successful" (even though they haven't completely cleared my skin) regimens last maye three months max before my skin becomes immune revolts back to it's previous condition.

i'm sick of it..my mom wont let me go to the dermatologist..even though I've begged. But my little brother got to go and the DR. prescribed Tarozac and Benzaclin. He uses the tarozac but not the benzaclin.

So...I'm planning on borrowing a lil of the benzaclin from now on...Bu obviously, as it's not prescribed for me I have a few quci questions I hope you folks can answer:

1.) CAN I APPLY BENZACLIN JUST AT NIGHT? I HAVE DRY SKIN DUE TO MY PREVIOUS REGIMEN/WINTER AND ONLY WANT TO APPLY IT AT NIGHT--IS THAT OKAY? IT'S THE KIND WITH THE PUMP.

2.) DOES IT ALWAYS BLEACH FABRICS? I WANT TO WEAR A RED SHIRT TOMORROW BUT AM AFRAID IT WILL COME OFF IN SWEAT AND BLEACH IT? HOW TO PREVENT THAT? HOW ABOUT IF I WASH IT OFF WITH A GENTLE CLEANSER/MOISTURIZER IN THE MORNING?

3.) CAN I USE A MOISTURIZER AFTER APPLYING BENZACLIN?

4.) ANY BAD SIDE AFFECTS?

5.) DOES IT START TO CLEAR YOUR SKIN RIGHT AWAY OR DOES IT START THE "TWO WEEKS GETING WORSE BEFORE GETTING BETTER" CYCLE?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, P.S- I want to use a Cerave cleanser at night, apply benxaclin, then ceraVe moisturizer. Then in the morning, neutrogena's rapid clear oil control cleanser, and velocity moisturizer or a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it. Sound good or should I change it?

Hi,

I'm new here but not new to acne. I'm 17, and have moderate acne. I've tried pretty much every OTC acne product on the market--an the "successful" (even though they haven't completely cleared my skin) regimens last maye three months max before my skin becomes immune revolts back to it's previous condition.

i'm sick of it..my mom wont let me go to the dermatologist..even though I've begged. But my little brother got to go and the DR. prescribed Tarozac and Benzaclin. He uses the tarozac but not the benzaclin.

So...I'm planning on borrowing a lil of the benzaclin from now on...Bu obviously, as it's not prescribed for me I have a few quci questions I hope you folks can answer:

1.) CAN I APPLY BENZACLIN JUST AT NIGHT? I HAVE DRY SKIN DUE TO MY PREVIOUS REGIMEN/WINTER AND ONLY WANT TO APPLY IT AT NIGHT--IS THAT OKAY? IT'S THE KIND WITH THE PUMP.

2.) DOES IT ALWAYS BLEACH FABRICS? I WANT TO WEAR A RED SHIRT TOMORROW BUT AM AFRAID IT WILL COME OFF IN SWEAT AND BLEACH IT? HOW TO PREVENT THAT? HOW ABOUT IF I WASH IT OFF WITH A GENTLE CLEANSER/MOISTURIZER IN THE MORNING?

3.) CAN I USE A MOISTURIZER AFTER APPLYING BENZACLIN?

4.) ANY BAD SIDE AFFECTS?

5.) DOES IT START TO CLEAR YOUR SKIN RIGHT AWAY OR DOES IT START THE "TWO WEEKS GETING WORSE BEFORE GETTING BETTER" CYCLE?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, P.S- I want to use a Cerave cleanser at night, apply benxaclin, then ceraVe moisturizer. Then in the morning, neutrogena's rapid clear oil control cleanser, and velocity moisturizer or a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it. Sound good or should I change it?

I've taken Benzaclyn and it wasn't successful for me.. Made things worse if you ask me.. But I know it has helped many people, so thats just me personally, and I should be able to help you out with your questions, as I once had the same ones.

First, it is probably in your best interest to only apply benzaclyn at night, at least the for the first month or so, so your skin can get used to it.

Second, it shuoldn't bleach your shirt next morning.. and washing your face in the morning would definatly get rid of it. It may bleach your pillow, however.

You definatly shoudl use a moisturizer after applying benzaclyn. Wait until it has all absorbed though.

Dry skin and yes, an initial breakout will be your only side effects, really.

Yeah initial breakouts suck, but hard to find many products without'em.