Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I switch a lot between two houses about 45 minutes away from each other throughout the week, and unfortunately now it is too late to go back to the other one - the problem with this is I have left my cleanser over at the other one, and now I'm in a bit of a rut. I was wearing make-up alll day today and I have very, veryyy sensitive skin. Leaving make-up on for the night before I get my face wash is absolutely out of the question, and I've no way of even getting to a store at this point..

So, I went scrounging around the house and managed to come across some old Noxema in the corner of a bathroom. I don't really remember ever using Noxema in the past, but I probably did...but now, I have no clue how old this bottle is. It's still relatively filled, but it has probably been sitting around for years. Does anyone know or have experience with using face washes that are old? Does it mess them up in any way that could in turn ruin my face?

If so, I also found something that my step-mother left last time she visited and it is called..."100% Hydraderm - lait demaquillant doux gommant 2 en 1" **EDIT!!** It's actually apparently called "Academie" but I just didn't see it at first. In a weird place on the bottle. **END EDIT** and is a gentle peeling cleanser that may also work...but I have no clue if that would be safe for my super-sensitive skin. After so many years of failed experiments with facial products I am terrified to use either of these without some first hand experience first, at least. Ahh...

Please, any help on this would be greatly appreciated...and I /really/ want to wash my face soon! ):

I wouldn't take the risk with your skin if I were you. I have before, and I couldn't sleep all night because my face burned so badly! Just run to Walmart and get some cheap Purpose Gentle Cleanser. :)

Also it looks like Noxema has some ingredients that could be irritating to sensitive skin, and the Peeling Cleanser just sounds like a bad idea altogether. Just my personal opinion.

I wouldn't take the risk with your skin if I were you. I have before, and I couldn't sleep all night because my face burned so badly! Just run to Walmart and get some cheap Purpose Gentle Cleanser. :)

Also it looks like Noxema has some ingredients that could be irritating to sensitive skin, and the Peeling Cleanser just sounds like a bad idea altogether. Just my personal opinion.

I decided against using the peeling cleanser because it had exfoliating beads in it, which always, without fail, break me out. I did, however, take the risk with the Noxema. I currently have no way to drive, so going to the store wasn't an option and my mode of transportation was out partying until 1 am. x_x;

My face was a little red last night, but overall it didn't seem to do enough damage to make it not worth it. Would have been a lot worse having my make-up covering my face and pores all night, methinks. Still have yet to wash it this morning, but we'll see...

Thanks for the help, by the way! (: